Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimStreamer Installation
20-02-2014, 11:08
RE: MinimStreamer Installation
(19-02-2014 23:17)lateloss Wrote:  Hi Simon. One more thing to add; I recreated the text file on my hard drive before uploading to the server. I no longer see a .pls file and can see two option for (wav) Linn Radio Classical and 'Linn Radio Classical' but cannot get the stream to play.... I get this error message in the log 'HTTPSource: stream response was HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found'. Thanks again for your patience...!

It sounds like you are making good progress. I don't recommend using 'wav' as the stream ID. This will work if you have only one stream, but it won't work if you have multiple streams. If you have multiple streams, the stream ID for each stream needs to be unique.

This error message in the log probably means the URL for the stream in your .m3u file is wrong. If you can't see the problem, please post the exact contents of your .m3u file here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2014, 13:48
Hi Simon. Both URLs play fine when I click on them from my desktop, so don't think the address is wrong..I now see the following options- [BBC3] Radio 3 and BBC Radio 3, and [LCL] Linn Radio Classical and Linn Radio Classical. I still get the 'unable to open stream error' but this is no longer appearing as an error message in the log....rather bizarre. Below are are the contents of my 2 .m3u files, if this helps?

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[LCl] Linn Radio Classical
http://radio.linnrecords.com/cast/tunein...aylist.pls

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[BBC3] BBC Radio 3
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3_aaclca.pls
20-02-2014, 15:37
(20-02-2014 13:48)lateloss Wrote:  Hi Simon. Both URLs play fine when I click on them from my desktop, so don't think the address is wrong..I now see the following options- [BBC3] Radio 3 and BBC Radio 3, and [LCL] Linn Radio Classical and Linn Radio Classical. I still get the 'unable to open stream error' but this is no longer appearing as an error message in the log....rather bizarre. Below are are the contents of my 2 .m3u files, if this helps?

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[LCl] Linn Radio Classical
http://radio.linnrecords.com/cast/tunein...aylist.pls

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[BBC3] BBC Radio 3
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3_aaclca.pls

The second URL looks correct. The first one has '...' in the middle of it, so I can't tell whether it's correct.

Please do the following to provide more information:

1) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
2) In the log window, change the logging level to Debug
3) Leave the log window open
4) Try to play one of these radio stations using n-stream
5) After you get "unable to open stream", click 'Save as' in the log window to save a log file
6) Zip the log file and attach it here

Many thanks!
20-02-2014, 15:52
The stations will not open using n-stream. I get the 'unable to open stream error' when using the remote and there is no error log even in debug mode....?
20-02-2014, 18:07
(20-02-2014 15:52)lateloss Wrote:  The stations will not open using n-stream. I get the 'unable to open stream error' when using the remote and there is no error log even in debug mode....?

Please try doing the following:

1) Restart MinimServer
2) Restart n-stream
3) Clear the n-stream cache
4) Follow the previous instructions for enabling Debug, playing a stream and saving a log file
21-02-2014, 12:40
(20-02-2014 18:07)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 15:52)lateloss Wrote:  The stations will not open using n-stream. I get the 'unable to open stream error' when using the remote and there is no error log even in debug mode....?

Please try doing the following:

1) Restart MinimServer
2) Restart n-stream
3) Clear the n-stream cache
4) Follow the previous instructions for enabling Debug, playing a stream and saving a log file

Hi Simon. Log file attached. To clarify I've run minim server on this occasion from my desktop, not the server. I also used the remote rather than the n-stream app. hopefully this will make it easier to identify the problem? Thanks for all your help!

Attached File(s)
.zip  minimserver log.zip (Size: 83.31 KB / Downloads: 10)
21-02-2014, 13:01
(21-02-2014 12:40)lateloss Wrote:  Hi Simon. Log file attached. To clarify I've run minim server on this occasion from my desktop, not the server. I also used the remote rather than the n-stream app. hopefully this will make it easier to identify the problem? Thanks for all your help!

Thanks for sending the log. It shows that you are not using the '*:wav24' setting in stream.transcode that I suggested in an earlier post. Please apply this setting, restart MinimServer, and try again. Thanks!
21-02-2014, 14:29
(21-02-2014 13:01)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 12:40)lateloss Wrote:  Hi Simon. Log file attached. To clarify I've run minim server on this occasion from my desktop, not the server. I also used the remote rather than the n-stream app. hopefully this will make it easier to identify the problem? Thanks for all your help!

Thanks for sending the log. It shows that you are not using the '*:wav24' setting in stream.transcode that I suggested in an earlier post. Please apply this setting, restart MinimServer, and try again. Thanks!

OK It's because I had run it from the desktop, not the server. Here is the log file with your transcoding settings...

Attached File(s)
.zip  minimserverlog(2).zip (Size: 5.58 KB / Downloads: 4)
21-02-2014, 21:54
(21-02-2014 14:29)lateloss Wrote:  OK It's because I had run it from the desktop, not the server. Here is the log file with your transcoding settings...

Thanks for this log. It shows a decoding problem within FFmpeg:

Error while opening decoder for input stream #0.0

Please can you try the Linn Classical stream instead of the BBC stream. Does this produce the same error message in the log?
21-02-2014, 23:40
(21-02-2014 21:54)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 14:29)lateloss Wrote:  OK It's because I had run it from the desktop, not the server. Here is the log file with your transcoding settings...

Thanks for this log. It shows a decoding problem within FFmpeg:

Error while opening decoder for input stream #0.0

Please can you try the Linn Classical stream instead of the BBC stream. Does this produce the same error message in the log?
Here is the log file. I think it's the same error message

Attached File(s)
.zip  minimserver log.1.zip (Size: 3.22 KB / Downloads: 1)