Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimStreamer Installation
15-02-2015, 00:10
RE: MinimStreamer Installation
Inching forward, Naim plays for about 2 seconds then stops and I get a message "End of Queue". Is this a known issue with Cambridge Audio network players?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2015, 08:11
(15-02-2015 00:10)Nothung Wrote:  Inching forward, Naim plays for about 2 seconds then stops and I get a message "End of Queue". Is this a known issue with Cambridge Audio network players?

Are you playing the stream with [Naim] in its name? (pun not intended)

It might help to add a stream type to the playlist entry, as follows:

#EXTINF:-1,[Naim;mp3] Naim Radio
http://37.130.228.60:8090/
15-02-2015, 10:32
Yes I am playing the [Naim] stream and I have added the ;mp3 but it hasn't made a difference. The station loads and plays for no more than 2 seconds then stops, it looks as if it continues trying to load and if I hit the play button again it plays for another 2 seconds then stops again.

I am sorry this is proving so tricky and taking up so much of your time. I really want to get it to work so that I can access the HLS streams when they are available.

Many thanks.
15-02-2015, 23:47
(15-02-2015 10:32)Nothung Wrote:  Yes I am playing the [Naim] stream and I have added the ;mp3 but it hasn't made a difference. The station loads and plays for no more than 2 seconds then stops, it looks as if it continues trying to load and if I hit the play button again it plays for another 2 seconds then stops again.

I am sorry this is proving so tricky and taking up so much of your time. I really want to get it to work so that I can access the HLS streams when they are available.

Many thanks.

Please create a debug log file by doing the following:

1) From the MinimWatch minim icon, select 'Show log'
2) In the log window, set the logging level to Debug
3) Leave the log window open
4) Attempt to play the Naim stream (once only)
5) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save a log file
6) In the log window, set the logging level back to Info
7) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here

I wIll look at the log file to see what clues it contains.
16-02-2015, 00:56
Simon
Many thanks

A couple of points which may be of interest - I have 2 NP30s and they both show the same behaviour, the user manual states that 'the NP30 supports various playlist formats that can be accessed by usb media or UPnP servers that support Playlist serving' but there is no more information.

I have attached the log file, hope it sheds some light.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Test.zip (Size: 7.58 KB / Downloads: 3)
16-02-2015, 10:40
(16-02-2015 00:56)Nothung Wrote:  Simon
Many thanks

A couple of points which may be of interest - I have 2 NP30s and they both show the same behaviour, the user manual states that 'the NP30 supports various playlist formats that can be accessed by usb media or UPnP servers that support Playlist serving' but there is no more information.

I have attached the log file, hope it sheds some light.

Yes, it does. The NP30 is sending byte-range requests, which work for a local file but not for a network stream.

You might be able to work around this by transcoding the stream to L16 format. To do this, set the stream.transcode property to *:L16 and restart MinimServer.
16-02-2015, 11:56
Thank you, I have changed transcode to *L16 but it doesn't work, however, the NP30 seems to be trying to connect and doesn't drop immediately, so that looks a bit more hopeful.
16-02-2015, 12:47
(16-02-2015 11:56)Nothung Wrote:  Thank you, I have changed transcode to *L16 but it doesn't work, however, the NP30 seems to be trying to connect and doesn't drop immediately, so that looks a bit more hopeful.

Can you create another debug log for L16?
16-02-2015, 13:08
(16-02-2015 12:47)simoncn Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 11:56)Nothung Wrote:  Thank you, I have changed transcode to *L16 but it doesn't work, however, the NP30 seems to be trying to connect and doesn't drop immediately, so that looks a bit more hopeful.

Can you create another debug log for L16?

New log attached.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Test2.zip (Size: 6.91 KB / Downloads: 2)
16-02-2015, 13:14
(16-02-2015 13:08)Nothung Wrote:  New log attached.

This is similar to the previous log, with byte-range requests from the NP30.

I am sorry to say that it looks like you won't be able to use MinimStreamer to play radio streams on this device.