Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to MinimStreamer!
17-12-2013, 00:26
Welcome to MinimStreamer!
There is a new addition to the MinimServer family! See the MinimStreamer website for more information.

This forum section is now open for discussion about MinimStreamer. All questions, comments, problem reports and support queries are welcome.

Enjoy!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2013, 14:38
RE: Welcome to MinimStreamer!
Hi How to install and configure minim-streamer on QNAP ??
17-12-2013, 14:48
(17-12-2013 14:38)nspp Wrote:  Hi How to install and configure minim-streamer on QNAP ??

There is an excellent user guide available. See this section and this section.
17-12-2013, 16:37
Is there a case for enabling MinimStreamer by default, and thereby, in effect, maintaining those parts of its functionality that were present in MinimServer 0.72 when users upgrade to Version 0.81? Ideally, the 0.72 transcoding setting would be preserved when the user upgrades to version 0.81. I suspect that some users will, initially at least, be a little bemused to find their transcoding switched off after the upgrade to 0.81.

That said, many of the features of MinimStreamer are a really interesting surprise, and Simon is to be congratulated on including them in the package.

David
17-12-2013, 18:29 (This post was last modified: 17-12-2013 20:19 by simoncn.)
(17-12-2013 16:37)DavidHB Wrote:  Is there a case for enabling MinimStreamer by default, and thereby, in effect, maintaining those parts of its functionality that were present in MinimServer 0.72 when users upgrade to Version 0.81? Ideally, the 0.72 transcoding setting would be preserved when the user upgrades to version 0.81. I suspect that some users will, initially at least, be a little bemused to find their transcoding switched off after the upgrade to 0.81.

That said, many of the features of MinimStreamer are a really interesting surprise, and Simon is to be congratulated on including them in the package.

David

For users who want to do transcoding, it should not be difficult to install MinimStreamer and enter the value 'flac:wav' or 'flac:wav24' in the streamer.transcode property field. I believe the MinimServer release notes and the MinimStreamer user guide provide sufficient information to make it clear what steps are needed.
17-12-2013, 18:56 (This post was last modified: 17-12-2013 18:56 by winxi.)
(17-12-2013 16:37)DavidHB Wrote:  Is there a case for enabling MinimStreamer by default, and thereby, in effect, maintaining those parts of its functionality that were present in MinimServer 0.72 when users upgrade to Version 0.81? Ideally, the 0.72 transcoding setting would be preserved when the user upgrades to version 0.81. I suspect that some users will, initially at least, be a little bemused to find their transcoding switched off after the upgrade to 0.81.

I think that modularity is the very point of a package management system. This means that the installation should contain just the basic core (MinimServer in that case) which can then be extended by additional packages (MinimStreamer).
That said, as Simon already stated, it is quite straightforward to install MinimStreamer and apply the new transcoding settings.
17-12-2013, 20:34
(17-12-2013 14:48)winxi Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 14:38)nspp Wrote:  Hi How to install and configure minim-streamer on QNAP ??

There is an excellent user guide available. See this section and this section.

Thx but i was hopping a way to do it from a console or a web interface and __ without minim-watch__.
17-12-2013, 20:46
(17-12-2013 20:34)nspp Wrote:  Thx but i was hopping a way to do it from a console or a web interface and __ without minim-watch__.

If you are running MinimServer/MinimStreamer on a QNAP, you need to use MinimWatch for configuration.
17-12-2013, 22:32
Big Grin RE: Welcome to MinimStreamer!
Hi Simon,

Firstly, many thanks for 0.8.1 - the Artist container is now correctly displaying all my tracks without an AlbumArtist tag! Smile

Now, onto transcoding, which is the other feature I've been looking forward to... I've installed MinimStreamer and added alac:wav24 to the stream.transcode property (my files are ALAC on a Synology DS110j and my player is a Linn Majik DS); the stream.converter property is set to the default ffmpeg, which I believe should work? However, when I play a track there is no sound! The track counts down as if it is playing and Kinsky shows that it is WAV format.. But no music. Undecided

I think I've followed the user guide correctly - is there anything I've overlooked?

Simon
17-12-2013, 23:54
(17-12-2013 18:29)simoncn Wrote:  For users who want to do transcoding, it should not be difficult to install MinimStreamer and enter the value 'flac:wav' or 'flac:wav24' in the streamer.transcode property field. I believe the MinimServer release notes and the MinimStreamer user guide provide sufficient information to make it clear what steps are needed.
Indeed not. But anything that reduces the amount of documentation that has to be read and keeps users within their comfort zone is surely a good idea?

David