Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding external drive,new content directory
08-12-2013, 10:53
Adding external drive,new content directory
Hi there
This is my first post on this forum, I have used minim for only short time. I have moved my music files onto an external drive on my mac and deleted them from the main drive which was very full. How do i add a new content directory, it is currently /Users/alanjen/Music but each of my attempts to add the new drive seagate exp/ music 2 flag up a red message " not an absolute path , correct highlighted value and retry " as you will realise I am not very IT literate, please help !!

Alan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2013, 15:06
RE: Adding external drive,new content directory
(08-12-2013 10:53)Alanmci Wrote:  Hi there
This is my first post on this forum, I have used minim for only short time. I have moved my music files onto an external drive on my mac and deleted them from the main drive which was very full. How do i add a new content directory, it is currently /Users/alanjen/Music but each of my attempts to add the new drive seagate exp/ music 2 flag up a red message " not an absolute path , correct highlighted value and retry " as you will realise I am not very IT literate, please help !!

Alan

The simplest way to do this is to delete your current contentDir setting, click OK, then restart MinimServer. You will get a file chooser dialog to select a new content directory, and you can follow the instructions in the note to point 5 of the 'Installing or updating MinimServer' section on this page.
08-12-2013, 18:03
Hi Simon
When I do this it only gives a choice of users or macintosh hd but all the media is on an external drive which isnt seen - any ideas ?

Alan
08-12-2013, 18:08
Sorry simon i hadnt read your instructions properly! Hopefully got it sorted now thanks!!

Alan