MinimServer Forum
Audiophile Optimizer - minimserver shell - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Audiophile Optimizer - minimserver shell (/showthread.php?tid=6579)

Audiophile Optimizer - minimserver shell - dtune - 13-04-2022 14:49

Hey Simon, Here's as issue you may know the answer to. I also have Phil at AO looking into it.

Audiophile Optimizer is a nice windows optimization software that has integrated windows replacement shells to replace regular windows GUI.

There is a replacement shell optimized for minimserver and when I run it I see a cmd window with minimserver running and it sees my music files and appears to run/load fine.

The problem is I don't see it on the network. With regular windows GUI I do see it on the network. What I can see with some control app software is a SMB server (file sharing protocol) but not a DLNA/UPNP server...

In the replacement shell Minimserver doesn't have a taskbar icon since there is no taskbar as windows desktop is completely missing by design! I wonder if that's the problem?

Any wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dale

RE: Audiophile Optimizer - minimserver shell - simoncn - 13-04-2022 16:34

I don't see any previous reports on the MinimServer forum of this issue when using Audiophile Optimizer. A web search found this post, which might be relevant.

RE: Audiophile Optimizer - minimserver shell - simoncn - 13-04-2022 16:48

For reference, to start MinimServer with no GUI or tray icon, do the following:

C:
cd "\Program Files\MinimServer\lib"
java -jar "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib\mserver.jar" --set watch.view=log

RE: Audiophile Optimizer - minimserver shell - dtune - 13-04-2022 18:02

Simon, The command in Phil's shell replacement file is:

cd "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib"
java -jar mserver.jar --set watch.view=console

You're saying I should replace that with:

C:
cd "\Program Files\MinimServer\lib"
java -jar "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib\mserver.jar" --set watch.view=log

Also I previously had the minimserver desktop shortcut in the windows startup folder. I have tried removing that with AO shell and leaving it there. I'm thinking it should be removed and replaced by your command lines, right?

Thank for the quick response!

RE: Audiophile Optimizer - minimserver shell - dtune - 13-04-2022 19:02

Simon, I did replace the AO shell command with your suggested command and all works now.

Thanks!

Dale

RE: Audiophile Optimizer - minimserver shell - simoncn - 13-04-2022 20:27

There is not much difference between Phil's command and mine. It seems more likely that removing the desktop shortcut from the Windows start folder has solved the problem. Glad to hear all is well now.

RE: Audiophile Optimizer - minimserver shell - dtune - 13-04-2022 21:55

(13-04-2022 20:27)simoncn Wrote:  There is not much difference between Phil's command and mine. It seems more likely that removing the desktop shortcut from the Windows start folder has solved the problem. Glad to hear all is well now.

Actually I had tried removing the shortcut before but I actually put it back in there as I only wanted to make one change at a time.

The ONLY change was the command line. I can't explain it but I know that was what worked.