MinimServer Forum
stream.record query - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: MinimStreamer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: stream.record query (/showthread.php?tid=6566)

stream.record query - paulM - 28-03-2022 13:26

I have been using the stream.record function to time shift a favoured radio show for some time now. It is excellent.

I would however, like to understand how it references time with respect to GMT and BST. This is because last night's recording was one hour out and appeared to be recording in accordance with GMT, whilst the radio show was streaming in accordance with BST. The recording started an hour late and finished an hour late.

Do I need to compensate by changing the stream.record setting?

RE: stream.record query - simoncn - 28-03-2022 15:01

Thanks for your appreciative words about the stream recording facility. I have the impression that very few people have discovered this.

The times for start and end recording use the timezone that is configured for the system clock of the device running MinimServer/MinimStreamer. Which device is this? It is possible to set most devices to auto-adjust for the start and end of daylight savings time.

You can check what is configured for this device by looking at the start of the MinimServer log. You should see a line like this:

Current time is Mon Mar 28 15:06:57 BST 2022 in time zone Europe/London

RE: stream.record query - paulM - 28-03-2022 15:20

Minimserver is running on a QNAP NAS. I've checked the system time on the NAS and it correctly reports BST.

The only line in the log file that references current time is:-

Current time is Sat Mar 26 10:02:42 GMT 2022 in time zone Europe/London

RE: stream.record query - simoncn - 28-03-2022 17:20

This means your QNAP is still on GMT. To fix this, set the QNAP to automatically adjust for daylight savings time.

RE: stream.record query - Ballingdon - 13-07-2022 21:35

(28-03-2022 15:01)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for your appreciative words about the stream recording facility. I have the impression that very few people have discovered this.

I'd just like to add my appreciation for Minimstreamer , Simon.
The stream recording facility is fantastic - I have used it a lot to record classical music streams that I want to hear again.

I run on a Synology DS214play - and I've used Audacity to edit tracks, especially where interval talks etc take up a lot of space.

RE: stream.record query - simoncn - 14-07-2022 08:58

Thanks for this. The positive feedback is much appreciated.

RE: stream.record query - JohnT - 18-07-2022 12:55

I also use this feature occasionally to capture a classical stream and then use ffmpeg to convert to flac, add some metadata and store on my NAS. Thanks Simon for Minim Server, such a brilliant product with excellent 'after sales' service.