MinimServer Forum
New install Mac M1 Minimserver Java error? - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: New install Mac M1 Minimserver Java error? (/showthread.php?tid=6565)

Pages: 1 2

New install Mac M1 Minimserver Java error? - glevethan - 27-03-2022 16:23

Finally getting around to installing MinimServer 2 on my M1 Mac. I followed instructions and installed Java SE Development Kit 18. I was greeted by the following error on startup

An unexpected exception has occurred:
java.lang.InternalError: java.lang.IllegalAcces sException: static
Diagnostic information has been written to a crash log file.
Click OK to relaunch MinimServer or Cancel to exit.

Any ideas?

RE: New install Mac M1 Minimserver Java error? - simoncn - 27-03-2022 17:39

This is caused by a change in Java 18. For now, you need to use Java 17. I am working on a solution.

RE: New install Mac M1 Minimserver Java error? - glevethan - 27-03-2022 19:05

Thank you Simon (Gregg here from original Linn forum back in the day when you first developed Server)
The problem is the error message I linked to was from the Java 17 install.
Any further ideas? In the meanwhile I will uninstall Java 17 an reinstall to see what happens.

Best
Gregg

RE: New install Mac M1 Minimserver Java error? - glevethan - 27-03-2022 19:12

OK figured things out.
JAVA was not properly uninstalled. Java 17 installed and MinimServer successfully started and running
THANKS!

Simon - PS - after using my KDS in my Naim 500 system since 2011 I finally moved to a dCS Rossini+Clock in 2020. The Linn KDS/3 is now running in my dedicated headphone systems - and (hopefully) waiting for an Organik upgrade (fingers crossed)

RE: New install Mac M1 Minimserver Java error? - simoncn - 27-03-2022 20:48

I am also using a dCS Rossini (without clock), connected by USB to a Melco N1Z and streaming from MinimServer running on a Melco N1A. It sounds great!

RE: New install Mac M1 Minimserver Java error? - lyapounov - 29-03-2022 08:58

As for me, on my new M1 mac, when launching MinimWatch, I have the following error msg:

LibjliOpenError

Is it same issue ?

RE: New install Mac M1 Minimserver Java error? - lyapounov - 29-03-2022 09:01

(27-03-2022 19:12)glevethan Wrote:  Simon - PS - after using my KDS in my Naim 500 system since 2011 I finally moved to a dCS Rossini+Clock in 2020. The Linn KDS/3 is now running in my dedicated headphone systems - and (hopefully) waiting for an Organik upgrade (fingers crossed)

Do you really believe Linn will make an Organik upgrade ?

I have the last but one Klimax, and had the opportunity to compare with Organik DSM/3; there is a true difference.

But the form factor is so different...

RE: New install Mac M1 Minimserver Java error? - simoncn - 29-03-2022 10:01

(29-03-2022 08:58)lyapounov Wrote:  As for me, on my new M1 mac, when launching MinimWatch, I have the following error msg:

LibjliOpenError

Is it same issue ?

This is not the same issue. It means you have installed the wrong Java download (Intel instead of M1).

A fix for the java.lang.IllegalAccessException problem with Java 18 will be available soon.

RE: New install Mac M1 Minimserver Java error? - lyapounov - 29-03-2022 17:30

(29-03-2022 10:01)simoncn Wrote:  This is not the same issue. It means you have installed the wrong Java download (Intel instead of M1).

Java web site does propose only one download for Mac OSx; does not offer to choose Intel or Apple M1

RE: New install Mac M1 Minimserver Java error? - lyapounov - 29-03-2022 17:33

OK: I launch MinimWatch.
MinimWatch says "download Java" with a link.
This link (https://java.com/fr/download/) does not propose to choose M1

The only place I could see a choice is OpenJDK

So what to do ?