MinimServer Forum
Minimwatch not running - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Minimwatch not running (/showthread.php?tid=6301)

Minimwatch not running - TomP - 16-08-2021 20:16

I just noticed that Minimwatch is not running, showing just a grey icon.

I tried clicking the executable and nothing happened, checked that it is invoked at startup, so advice would be most welcome.

Thanks.

PS: Minimserver is on both my QNAP NAS and normally Minimwatch on my Win 7 PC shows both running

RE: Minimwatch not running - simoncn - 16-08-2021 21:31

A grey icon in the system tray means MinimWatch is running but didn't detect any running instances of MinimServer.

If you have recently updated Java on your PC, the Windows firewall might be blocking Java and MinimWatch. See the MinimWatch can't find MinimServer section for how to fix this. This section also lists some other possible causes of this issue.

RE: Minimwatch not running - TomP - 24-08-2021 15:40

(16-08-2021 21:31)simoncn Wrote:  A grey icon in the system tray means MinimWatch is running but didn't detect any running instances of MinimServer.

If you have recently updated Java on your PC, the Windows firewall might be blocking Java and MinimWatch. See the MinimWatch can't find MinimServer section for how to fix this. This section also lists some other possible causes of this issue.
I just looked at both my QNAP NAS Apps pages and just in the last few days, the MinimServer icon is showing 2.0 instead of 0.8 and all my control points / streamers seem to be running fine, whilst for the first time, Linn Kinsky is showing Sonos available as well as my normal Linn Majik DS

Does this mean that somehow MinimServer auto-updated? In which case, do I simply need to update MinimWatch?

Thanks

RE: Minimwatch not running - simoncn - 24-08-2021 21:12

If MinimServer has been updated from 0.8 to 2.0, you need to do the same update for MinimWatch. MinimWatch 0.8 cannot see MinimServer 2.0 but MinimWatch 2.0 can see both MinimServer 2.0 and MinimServer 0.8.

RE: Minimwatch not running - TomP - 24-08-2021 23:01

(24-08-2021 21:12)simoncn Wrote:  If MinimServer has been updated from 0.8 to 2.0, you need to do the same update for MinimWatch. MinimWatch 0.8 cannot see MinimServer 2.0 but MinimWatch 2.0 can see both MinimServer 2.0 and MinimServer 0.8.
Thanks !! Do I need to uninstall MinimWatch 0.8 first before 2.0 install?

Also, what it the level / version of MinimServer offered by QNAP

RE: Minimwatch not running - simoncn - 25-08-2021 09:24

For instructions on how to update to the current version of MinimWatch on Windows, see this page.

At present, MinimServer is not available from the QNAP App Center. This is a temporary situation because of a reported cross-site-scripting security vulnerability. A fix for this will be available soon. QNAP users can install MinimServer 2.0 by doing a manual install of the installation package from this page.

RE: Minimwatch not running - TomP - 25-08-2021 20:30

I loaded Minimwatch 2 and it shows both QNAP NAS running Packages...

* minimserver-2.0.12 plus
mimimserver-update-197

These must have auto-installed as I did nothing manually to install. All Streamers / control points recognise and play from the Multimedia folder on either NAS.
Can I stick with this until the temporary app center situation is fixed?

RE: Minimwatch not running - simoncn - 25-08-2021 20:49

This is fine and you can run with this until QNAP puts a new version of MinimServer in the App Center.

RE: Minimwatch not running - TomP - 25-08-2021 22:16

(25-08-2021 20:49)simoncn Wrote:  This is fine and you can run with this until QNAP puts a new version of MinimServer in the App Center.
Thanks

RE: Minimwatch not running - simoncn - 20-10-2021 14:50

The new version with the fix (MinimServer 2.0.19) should be available now in the QNAP App Center for all NAS models that are not end-of-life for application updates.

If you don't see MinimServer 2.0.19 in the App Center for your NAS, this is probably because QNAP has designated your NAS as end-of-life for application updates. You can check this by visiting this page. If your NAS is not end-of-life and you don't see MinimServer 2.0.19 in the App Center, please post the details to this thread.