MinimServer Forum
Bug in sorting of tags? - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Bug in sorting of tags? (/showthread.php?tid=585)

Bug in sorting of tags? - alexinc - 23-04-2013 23:21

hi simon,

i'm trying to get different tags to sort ascending/descending, but when adding + or - in front of the tag under indexTags nothing chance after restarting minimserver!?

e.g. the example you are using in your guide: +/-Date doesnt chance anything in sorting this tag, it always gets sorted from 1900 to 2013...

cheers alex

RE: Bug in sorting of tags? - simoncn - 23-04-2013 23:48

(23-04-2013 23:21)alexinc Wrote:  hi simon,

i'm trying to get different tags to sort ascending/descending, but when adding + or - in front of the tag under indexTags nothing chance after restarting minimserver!?

e.g. the example you are using in your guide: +/-Date doesnt chance anything in sorting this tag, it always gets sorted from 1900 to 2013...

cheers alex

This is working for me.

Are you using a control point that imposes its own sort order on the list returned by MinimServer? You can verify this by trying Linn Kinsky to see if this gives you the sort order you are expecting. Which control point is giving you the incorrect sort order?

RE: Bug in sorting of tags? - alexinc - 26-04-2013 08:23

Smile ok, i double checked. bubbleupnp has a feature called smart list, which overwrites settings from upnpserver. after disabling everything on my smartphone gets sorted as expected. foo_upnp also seems to use this smart sort feature, but i cannot find an option to disable it, thats why i was confused (maybe i have to play with list order again, but it seems more related to the server side not the browser). on samsung tv everything is listed like setup in minimserver. so sorry for confusing you! Wink

greetz alex

RE: Bug in sorting of tags? - simoncn - 26-04-2013 09:42

(26-04-2013 08:23)alexinc Wrote:  Smile ok, i double checked. bubbleupnp has a feature called smart list, which overwrites settings from upnpserver. after disabling everything on my smartphone gets sorted as expected. foo_upnp also seems to use this smart sort feature, but i cannot find an option to disable it, thats why i was confused (maybe i have to play with list order again, but it seems more related to the server side not the browser). on samsung tv everything is listed like setup in minimserver. so sorry for confusing you! Wink

greetz alex

There's a setting in foo_upnp that is supposed to disable this resorting (see this post), but I couldn't get it to work. This appears to be a bug in foo_upnp.

RE: Bug in sorting of tags? - bubbleguuum - 26-04-2013 10:35

(26-04-2013 09:42)simoncn Wrote:  There's a setting in foo_upnp that is supposed to disable this resorting (see this post), but I couldn't get it to work. This appears to be a bug in foo_upnp.

This setting is only for overriding sort order of browsed items sent to the "UPnP Browser Selection Playlist". Folders displayed in the UPnP Browser are always alpha sorted, which is ok most of the time, but of course not when alpha order is not wanted. I will add an option to preserve server folder order (probably will be activated by default, to avoid confusion).

RE: Bug in sorting of tags? - alexinc - 29-04-2013 16:00

(26-04-2013 10:35)bubbleguuum Wrote:  
(26-04-2013 09:42)simoncn Wrote:  There's a setting in foo_upnp that is supposed to disable this resorting (see this post), but I couldn't get it to work. This appears to be a bug in foo_upnp.

This setting is only for overriding sort order of browsed items sent to the "UPnP Browser Selection Playlist". Folders displayed in the UPnP Browser are always alpha sorted, which is ok most of the time, but of course not when alpha order is not wanted. I will add an option to preserve server folder order (probably will be activated by default, to avoid confusion).

Smile THX! nothing to add besides you both are having a really big influence on my daily life with tagging, organizing, playing and streaming music...