MinimServer Forum
Minimum (Entry ) Qualifications Needed to Use Minim Server? - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Minimum (Entry ) Qualifications Needed to Use Minim Server? (/showthread.php?tid=5748)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Minimum (Entry ) Qualifications Needed to Use Minim Server? - coppinsuk - 16-07-2020 14:40

(16-07-2020 14:15)simoncn Wrote:  You can use Hi-Fi Cast, BubbleUPnP and foobar2000 to play music from MinimServer on the phone or tablet on which the app is running. If you need to play music on your Windows PC, you can use the Windows version of foobar2000 to do that. I have not used Chromecast Audio myself as I don't have the hardware that this requires.

I don't know how you got the 1779 kb figure and whether this refers to disk space or RAM. MinimServer uses a disk cache and also uses RAM. The amounts of disk space and RAM that are used depend on how many audio files you have and what tags are in these files. The size of the audio files should not make any dfference.

You can check the amount of disk space used for the cache by looking at the minimserver/data folder. You can check the amount of RAM used by looking at Task Manager.

RE: Minimum (Entry ) Qualifications Needed to Use Minim Server? - coppinsuk - 16-07-2020 14:42

Such swift and efficient answering of my questions.

Thanking you.

Cheers.