MinimServer Forum
Tag formatting - cannot get to work - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: MinimServer 2 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tag formatting - cannot get to work (/showthread.php?tid=5674)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Tag formatting - cannot get to work - Alandbush - 21-05-2020 22:19

Simoncn, whilst you are happy accepting questions about MinimServer usage, can I draw the following to your attention.

writeAllTags
The name of a file into which MinimServer will write a sorted list of all tag names and values from the audio files and the tag updates file (if present). See the All tags summary section for details.

I read the above to indicate that changes applied by the tag updates file would be reflected in the writeAllTags file.

However, the following extracted from the 'All tags summary' indicates otherwise.

The data written doesn't include any tag changes made by the aliasTags and tagUpdate properties.

Could you please clear up my confusion.

RE: Tag formatting - cannot get to work - simoncn - 21-05-2020 22:39

Thanks for spotting this. I have checked what the code is doing and the discrepancy is now fixed.

RE: Tag formatting - cannot get to work - Alandbush - 21-05-2020 23:38

(21-05-2020 22:39)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for spotting this. I have checked what the code is doing and the discrepancy is now fixed.

Excellent response as always. Thanks for the clarification.

RE: Tag formatting - cannot get to work - simoncn - 28-07-2020 17:29

As a result of a discussion about this on another thread, I would like to make it clear to people reading this thread that the data written by writeAllTags does NOT include any tag changes made by the aliasTags and tagUpdate properties.