MinimServer Forum
New router Synology NAS not found. - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: New router Synology NAS not found. (/showthread.php?tid=5629)

Pages: 1 2

New router Synology NAS not found. - mors - 22-04-2020 12:16

My Superhub 2 died overnight on Friday.I set up a Superhub 3 yesterday but since set up my Synology 718+ has not been recognised.I've tried a NAS reset but that did not help.I've also tried to open Synology Assistant but no server found Minimwatch is also greyed out.Any help that anybody could give would be much appreciated.

RE: New router Synology NAS not found. - stefano_mbp - 22-04-2020 12:25

Is upnp enabled on your new router?

RE: New router Synology NAS not found. - simoncn - 22-04-2020 13:25

The new router might have changed your private network to public. See this post.

RE: New router Synology NAS not found. - mors - 22-04-2020 14:18

Many thanks for your replies.UPNP is enabled by default.I went in to File Sharing but there is no mention of private just ethernet not sure what I'm doing wrong.If I select ethernet get an error message saying if this is selected service provider will terminate service!

RE: New router Synology NAS not found. - simoncn - 22-04-2020 14:24

The private/public setting is a Windows thing, not something on the NAS.

Perhaps the new router is using a different subnet than the previous one. This could cause problems if any of your devices has been configured to have a fixed IP address.

RE: New router Synology NAS not found. - stefano_mbp - 22-04-2020 14:28

Maybe the subnet address has changed .... did you set up the ohnet.subnet in Minimwatch properties?

RE: New router Synology NAS not found. - mors - 22-04-2020 15:56

I’m totally lost with this.I thought this would simply plug in and go.I updated MinimWatch to 8.5 to no effect.What should go in ohnet subnet?

RE: New router Synology NAS not found. - stefano_mbp - 22-04-2020 16:46

Doesn’t matter if you didn’t set anything
... this is from MinimServer user guide “ In some situations, you might want to configure the MinimServer media server with access to a single specific subnet, which could be the loopback subnet. You can do this by setting the ohnet.subnet property on the MinimServer properties page to the specific subnet you want MinimServer to use.”

RE: New router Synology NAS not found. - stefano_mbp - 22-04-2020 16:58

.... did you reboot your nas?

RE: New router Synology NAS not found. - mors - 22-04-2020 17:58

Yes tried rebooting.