MinimServer Forum
minimserver on aarch64 error - java/ohnet incompatibility - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: minimserver on aarch64 error - java/ohnet incompatibility (/showthread.php?tid=5501)

minimserver on aarch64 error - java/ohnet incompatibility - Decado - 13-01-2020 09:35

Hi erverybody! Smile

I'm trying to run minimserver on an vero 4k, which is running osmc (based on debian) on an aarch64 (ARM 64bit, I think ARMv8) CPU. When trying to run the daemon I see this in the log:

Quote:Module ohnet(linux-arm64)-1.17.2776.1.zip is incompatible with Java platform
Removing incompatible package 'minimserver-0.8.5.2'
Relaunching...
(repeating as long as I keep the server running)

The java package is openjdk-8-jdk installed via apt-get, which identifies as
Package: openjdk-8-jdk
Source: openjdk-8
Version: 8u222-b10-1~deb9u1

I didn't manage to install a different version yet. jdk 9 doesn't seem to have an official open source ARM port yet, trying to get it from mercurial manually right now... but I'm not sure that's a good idea Wink.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: minimserver on ARM 64 - simoncn - 13-01-2020 12:15

It looks like you have downloaded the arm64 version of MinimServer and you are trying to run this on a 32-bit operating system. Even though your hardware is 64-bit capable, the MinimServer download needs to match the architecture of the OS if this isn't the same as the hardware. I suggest you try the armhf version of MinimServer.

RE: minimserver on aarch64 error - java/ohnet incompatibility - Decado - 13-01-2020 12:20

... and that was it. The error message wasn't helpful, but I should have thought about this Smile. Glad this was such a simple fix.
Thanks Simon!