MinimServer Forum
MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property (/showthread.php?tid=549)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property - bbrip - 09-04-2013 12:08

Hi SImon,

thanks for that great new release. I am just playing around with some of the new features to find out how I best make them fit to my needs.

I am very likely just too dumb to figure it out but I am struggling as follows: I have the Artist.displayformat set to combine soloist, chorus, ensemble, orchestra and conductor. As such that works just as described.

However, in the Artist-string that is being generated, I am getting the soloists and conductor displayed in "lastname, firstname" order - which is the way I tagged them and would like to keep them for index purposes. However, I would like to turn that round for display purposes into "firstname lastname" display for the "artist" string that Minim generates.

I am lost as to how to go about that ... Blush Any hint is much appreciated.

thanks
bbrip

RE: MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property - simoncn - 09-04-2013 12:29

(09-04-2013 12:08)bbrip Wrote:  Hi SImon,

thanks for that great new release. I am just playing around with some of the new features to find out how I best make them fit to my needs.

I am very likely just too dumb to figure it out but I am struggling as follows: I have the Artist.displayformat set to combine soloist, chorus, ensemble, orchestra and conductor. As such that works just as described.

However, in the Artist-string that is being generated, I am getting the soloists and conductor displayed in "lastname, firstname" order - which is the way I tagged them and would like to keep them for index purposes. However, I would like to turn that round for display purposes into "firstname lastname" display for the "artist" string that Minim generates.

I am lost as to how to go about that ... Blush Any hint is much appreciated.

thanks
bbrip

This feature didn't make it into 0.70. I'm hoping to include it in the next feature release.

A word on timing of releases: For various reasons, 0.70 took much longer to complete than I expected or intended. From now on, I'm hoping to produce releases more frequently and with a smaller number of features.

One thing you can do is to change the separator from ', ' to '/' or ' / '. This should make the displayed value slightly more readable.

RE: MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property - bbrip - 09-04-2013 12:43

Ah - thats ok, at least I'm not that dumb then....

Just got another error message: I am trying to set the "display.MultiTags" property for the Genre tag, so it passes this on as separate values for LUMIN CP to pick up (hopefully...)

I have entered in the tagCustom field "Genre.display.MultiTags" - but it doesnt like that and comes back with "incorrect option name"...

Thanks again for any clue...

RE: MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property - mcn46 - 09-04-2013 12:47

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the new version it looks very promising.

Unfortunately I am getting an error message:

incorrect option name in 'displayformat' 'tagCustom'

from properties I have:

tagCustom Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}, Composer.displayRoles={artist}

tagFormat Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}

Can you help with this?

Thanks,

Mario

RE: MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property - bbrip - 09-04-2013 12:52

(09-04-2013 12:47)mcn46 Wrote:  Hi Simon,

Thanks for the new version it looks very promising.

Unfortunately I am getting an error message:

incorrect option name in 'displayformat' 'tagCustom'

from properties I have:

tagCustom Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}, Composer.displayRoles={artist}

tagFormat Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}

Can you help with this?

Thanks,

Mario

I think that string "Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}" should only be in the tagFormat property. You've got it also in the tagCustom property - which doesnt look right if I read which values are allowed in there....

RE: MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property - simoncn - 09-04-2013 13:06

(09-04-2013 12:52)bbrip Wrote:  I think that string "Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}" should only be in the tagFormat property. You've got it also in the tagCustom property - which doesnt look right if I read which values are allowed in there....

That's correct. Some earlier test builds had this in tagCustom, but it was moved to tagFormat for the final release. You should delete it from tagCustom and leave it in tagFormat.

RE: MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property - simoncn - 09-04-2013 13:13

(09-04-2013 12:43)bbrip Wrote:  Ah - thats ok, at least I'm not that dumb then....

Just got another error message: I am trying to set the "display.MultiTags" property for the Genre tag, so it passes this on as separate values for LUMIN CP to pick up (hopefully...)

I have entered in the tagCustom field "Genre.display.MultiTags" - but it doesnt like that and comes back with "incorrect option name"...

Thanks again for any clue...

This is a typo in the documentation. The correct name is 'multiTag'. I've fixed this now.

RE: MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property - bbrip - 09-04-2013 13:30

(09-04-2013 13:13)simoncn Wrote:  This is a typo in the documentation. The correct name is 'multiTag'. I've fixed this now.

Gottcha Wink Splendid - that did the trick and I can confirm as well that the LUMIN CP now picks up multiple genre values. How great is that Smile

Now trying to get it do display multiple artists. The "trick" I'm trying here is is to Alias Soloist as AlbumArtist and set that as Multitag. I'll report back....

UPDATE - NOPE Multitag on an "aliased" AlbumArtist does not work. I know multitagging the "real" AlbumArtist is a no-go for MinimServer. But with a camouflaged Albumartist ??? ok, anyway, it was worth a try....

RE: MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property - simoncn - 09-04-2013 14:23

(09-04-2013 13:30)bbrip Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 13:13)simoncn Wrote:  This is a typo in the documentation. The correct name is 'multiTag'. I've fixed this now.

Gottcha Wink Splendid - that did the trick and I can confirm as well that the LUMIN CP now picks up multiple genre values. How great is that Smile

Now trying to get it do display multiple artists. The "trick" I'm trying here is is to Alias Soloist as AlbumArtist and set that as Multitag. I'll report back....

UPDATE - NOPE Multitag on an "aliased" AlbumArtist does not work. I know multitagging the "real" AlbumArtist is a no-go for MinimServer. But with a camouflaged Albumartist ??? ok, anyway, it was worth a try....

When you alias a tag, you're logically replacing the source tag name by the target tag name. So your Soloist tags will be treated by MinimServer as if they are AlbumArtist tags (and will therefore be subject to all the AlbumArtist rules).

You should be able to send multiple <artist> XML tags by using Artist.multiTag. This would work with Artist file tags or with Soloist file tags aliased to Artist.

Other variations are possible. You could leave the Soloist tag unaliased and use the Soloist.displayRoles={artist} setting to send it to the control point as the XML tag

<artist role="Soloist">My Soloist</artist>

You can combine this with Soloist.multiTag to send multiple soloist values as separate XML tags.

RE: MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property - bbrip - 09-04-2013 14:33

Thanks Simon, that could be an option. I'll play around with that.

Just ran into another problem: After my "test-drive" on the PC I now wanted to install it on my ReadyNas NVX, but the "blue wheel" just keeps turning and doesnt come back.... See screen print attached.

UPDATE: Reloaded frontview, the previous MinimServer has disappeared, but the new one isnt on.... strange. Nothing in the logs.

UPDATE2: Just rebooted the NAS. Now MinimServer 0.70 shows up on the Addon-Page. So it is there. I dont know what happened but it did just seem to "hang up" during the install.