MinimServer Forum
Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file (/showthread.php?tid=5027)

Pages: 1 2

Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file - ischowam - 10-09-2018 21:22

Hello

I just registered to the forum and would like to say hello to everyone and especially the developer of Minimserver.

Basically I figured it out to install and use Minimserver with my NAS Synology DS-218+.

But now I am facing a problem with m3u's.
The scan log says to every entry in my Playlists "no matching file".
I created them with relative references of course.
On my PC they are working.

The folder sructuce is 1:1 the same on the NAS & PC.
music\
- 00_Playlisten
- A
- B

I searched for quite some while now, but could not solve it.

Does anyone have an idea?

Greetings
Georg

Log-Extract
Error: playlist 00_Playlisten/MixTape05 (Jampacked).m3u: no matching file for ..\G\Guns N' Roses\1991_ Use Your Illusion II\03 Guns N' Roses - Yesterdays.flac
Error: playlist 00_Playlisten/MixTape05 (Jampacked).m3u: no matching file for ..\N\Nirvana\1991_ Nevermind\02 Nirvana - In Bloom.flac
Error: playlist 00_Playlisten/MixTape05 (Jampacked).m3u: no matching file for ..\F\Front 242\1991_ Tyranny For You\06 Front 242 - Tragedy For You.flac
Error: playlist 00_Playlisten/MixTape05 (Jampacked).m3u: no matching file for ..\B\Brings\1992_ Kasalla\04 Brings - Levve - Yasamak (Ali).flac
Error: playlist 00_Playlisten/MixTape05 (Jampacked).m3u: no matching file for ..\G\Gabriel, Peter\1992_ Us\04 Peter Gabriel - Steam.flac
Error: playlist 00_Playlisten/MixTape05 (Jampacked).m3u: no matching file for ..\I\INXS\1992_ Welcome To Wherever You Are\03 INXS - Communication.flac
Error: playlist 00_Playlisten/MixTape05 (Jampacked).m3u: no matching file for ..\S\Stereo MC's _1992_ Connected\07 - Step It Up.mp3

M3u Extract:
..\G\Guns N' Roses\1991_ Use Your Illusion II\03 Guns N' Roses - Yesterdays.flac
..\N\Nirvana\1991_ Nevermind\02 Nirvana - In Bloom.flac
..\F\Front 242\1991_ Tyranny For You\06 Front 242 - Tragedy For You.flac
..\B\Brings\1992_ Kasalla\04 Brings - Levve - Yasamak (Ali).flac
..\G\Gabriel, Peter\1992_ Us\04 Peter Gabriel - Steam.flac
..\I\INXS\1992_ Welcome To Wherever You Are\03 INXS - Communication.flac
..\S\Stereo MC's _1992_ Connected\07 - Step It Up.mp3

RE: Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file - simoncn - 10-09-2018 21:59

You need forward slashes in your relative references instead of backslashes. Forward slashes work on Windows, Mac and Linux (used by your DS-218+) but backslashes work only on Windows.

RE: Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file - ischowam - 11-09-2018 10:28

Aahhh, I see.
Thank you very much for that hint.

I remember, that I once read something like this in the web, but as it had been mentioned with other technical hardware/topics I did not realize it as a solution.

Badly I have to maintain 3 versions of them now:
- one for the NAS
- one for Windows PC
- one for car (which can only handle MP3)

Georg

RE: Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file - simoncn - 11-09-2018 10:39

If you use relative paths and forward slashes, the same .m3u file will work for both Windows and the NAS.

RE: Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file - ischowam - 11-09-2018 14:26

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Great advice!!

Georg

RE: Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file - ischowam - 12-09-2018 20:49

Hello

Me again.

I cleaned up the Scan-Log and could solve several issues by searching in this forum.

One type of entries (again related to playlists) I cannot solve as I do not have an idea about the reason.

The files which are mentioned are availabe and are also found, if the playlist is started from the Windows-PC.

I would be happy about any hint

Georg

Error: playlist 00_Playlisten/MixTape01 (Cloy Joy).m3u8: no matching file for ../S/Soul II Soul/1989_ Club Classics Vol. One/11 Soul II Soul - Back to Life.flac
Error: playlist 00_Playlisten/MixTape07 (Capital Mix).m3u8: no matching file for ../09_Maxis/Ready For The World 1985_ Digital Display 12''/01 Ready For The World - Digital Display (Extended Mix).flac
Error: playlist 00_Playlisten/MixTape07 (Capital Mix).m3u8: no matching file for ../09_Maxis/Nu Shooz _1986_ Point Of No Return 12''/02 Nu Shooz - Point Of No Return (Extra Extended mix).flac
Error: playlist 00_Playlisten/MixTape07 (Capital Mix).m3u8: no matching file for ../K/Khan, Chaka/1986_ Destiny/12 Chaka Khan - Love of a Lifetime [Extended Dance Version].mp3

RE: Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file - simoncn - 12-09-2018 21:59

I have created a playlist and file structure identical to what you posted and it works on both Windows and the NAS.

Perhaps your playlist has some problems with line endings. Windows uses CR+LF by default but Linux uses LF only. To use a single playlist on both systems, you need LF only.

RE: Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file - ischowam - 12-09-2018 22:56

Honestly spoken I do not know how to check this.

The interesting thing is, that only 7 entries appear in the log.
Out of about 30 playlists with >200 entries in total and those 7 are spread over 4 playlists.

So the syntax of my playlists cannot be completly wrong and I gues it has to do with these lines in particular, either in the m3u8 or the files (which have been indexed w/o errors).

Georg

RE: Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file - ischowam - 12-09-2018 23:18

Solved it!

I change some letters in the filenames to capital letters:

e.g.
11 Soul II Soul - Back to Life.flac
11 Soul II Soul - Back To Life.flac

02 Nu Shooz - Point Of No Return (Extra Extended mix).flac
02 Nu Shooz - Point Of No Return (Extra Extended Mix).flac

12 Chaka Khan - Love of a Lifetime [Extended Dance Version].mp3
12 Chaka Khan - Love Of A Lifetime [Extended Dance Version].mp3

And the Cameo track was missing on the NAS for any reason.

Is it a Linux thing, that upper lower case is important?

Georg

RE: Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file - simoncn - 13-09-2018 06:31

Yes, the Linux filesystem is case sensitive but the Windows filesystem isn't.