MinimServer Forum
Yamaha R-N602 - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Digital Audio (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Yamaha R-N602 (/showthread.php?tid=4383)

Pages: 1 2 3

Yamaha R-N602 - jolivetj - 05-02-2018 13:58

Bonjour,
I recently purchased a Yamaha R-N602, DSD 5.6, music streamer.
Works perfectly with FLAC files and Minimserver using my QNAP server but 'unable to play' FLAC files with minimserver from my Synology server. The same files will play on the Yamaha (showing as PCM files) through Foobar2000 running on a PC in the same network.
I have tried minimserver transcoding using dsf:dopwav and flac:wav24 with no success.
Suggestions?

RE: Yamaha R-N602 - simoncn - 05-02-2018 15:04

It could be a network issue. Playing via foobar2000 from a shared folder on the Synology uses a different network protocol. Have you set http.port, ohnet.port or ohnet.subnet on the Synology? Do you have a firewall active on the Synology? Are you able to browse your MinimServer library on the Synology? Which control point do you use when playing files to the Yamaha from your MinimServer library on the Synology?

RE: Yamaha R-N602 - jolivetj - 05-02-2018 22:19

(05-02-2018 15:04)simoncn Wrote:  It could be a network issue. Playing via foobar2000 from a shared folder on the Synology uses a different network protocol.

Have you set http.port, ohnet.port or ohnet.subnet on the Synology? NO

Do you have a firewall active on the Synology? NO

Are you able to browse your MinimServer library on the Synology? YES

Which control point do you use when playing files to the Yamaha from your MinimServer library on the Synology? MUSICCAST

Merci

RE: Yamaha R-N602 - simoncn - 05-02-2018 22:49

I don't have any more ideas and I can't try MusicCast because I don't have any Yamaha equipment. Has the Synology MinimServer library worked previously with a different player?

RE: Yamaha R-N602 - jolivetj - 06-02-2018 00:57

(05-02-2018 22:49)simoncn Wrote:  I don't have any more ideas and I can't try MusicCast because I don't have any Yamaha equipment. Has the Synology MinimServer library worked previously with a different player?

It works with MConnect playing minimserver through the Yamaha Go figure....

RE: Yamaha R-N602 - simoncn - 06-02-2018 10:32

You could try powering off all your equipment and powering on again, starting with the QNAP and Synology, then the Yamaha R-N602, then the device running the MusicCast app.

RE: Yamaha R-N602 - jolivetj - 07-02-2018 12:45

Simon,
I tried your suggestion without success. After tinkering, I noticed that the ‘populaire’ subfolder of my music collection streams perfectly on the Yamaha while the much larger ‘classique’ subfolder does not. Very bizarre and frustrating. Obviously has nothing to do with you wonderful minimserver. Will try to rename the ‘classique’ subfolder and see. This may remain one of the unsolved mysteries of the universe.
Merci pour ton aide.

RE: Yamaha R-N602 - simoncn - 07-02-2018 13:34

I think I understand the problem. Some control points have a limit on the length of track URLs that they can handle. MinimServer creates long track URLs that contain an encoded form of the full folder/file path. If the folder/file paths in your ‘classique’ subfolder are longer than this limit, the control point could produce the error you are seeing. The fix is to rename the folder/file paths to make them shorter or use another control point.

RE: Yamaha R-N602 - jolivetj - 07-02-2018 14:03

(07-02-2018 13:34)simoncn Wrote:  I think I understand the problem. Some control points have a limit on the length of track URLs that they can handle. MinimServer creates long track URLs that contain an encoded form of the full folder/file path. If the folder/file paths in your ‘classique’ subfolder are longer than this limit, the control point could produce the error you are seeing. The fix is to rename the folder/file paths to make them shorter or use another control point.

My ‘classique’ folder has a few thousand files with URLs automatically created when ripping CDs. Some have indeed very long file names. Could a single very long URL in the thousand files theoretically throw off the control point for the entire folder of files?

RE: Yamaha R-N602 - simoncn - 07-02-2018 15:45

I have never heard of this. You could try playing one file at a time with URLs of different lengths to see what happens.

Another possibility is that folder names or filenames with accents are not working with the MusicCast control point.