MinimServer Forum
Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package) - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package) (/showthread.php?tid=426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - alegend - 08-09-2013 00:00

hello!
i added the tweaks concerning jpg and so on...
but I can tell you it didnt work - plus these coverdate hasnt been written to the disc- it was there before.
I use windows media player to play files and I also tried VLC player with same result. It all worked perfect until i updated to DSM 4.3!
Before that I was on DSM 3.2 with minimserver 0.63.3 and auto restart package 0.2b.
See again the log included!(timeline is within 2 hours...i watched a movie inbetween :-)
I did nothing except hit the file for playback

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - winxi - 08-09-2013 01:12

(08-09-2013 00:00)alegend Wrote:  hello!
i added the tweaks concerning jpg and so on...
but I can tell you it didnt work - plus these coverdate hasnt been written to the disc- it was there before.
I use windows media player to play files and I also tried VLC player with same result. It all worked perfect until i updated to DSM 4.3!
Before that I was on DSM 3.2 with minimserver 0.63.3 and auto restart package 0.2b.
See again the log included!(timeline is within 2 hours...i watched a movie inbetween :-)
I did nothing except hit the file for playback

Thanks for trying this and for the new log! I was able to reproduce this with VLC. It seems that VLC opens an audio file for writing when opened from the Windows Explorer. I could not reproduce this when opening an audio file from within VLC, nor when opening an audio file with the Windows Media Player or Winamp.
To prevent the Auto Restart package from restarting MinimServer when opening an audio file with VLC from the Windows Explorer, please set the inotifyEvents property to

Code:
move,delete,create

Please note that with this setting, the Auto Restart package will still initiate a restart when moving/deleting/copying an audio file, but not when editing an existing file (for example when editing the tags of an audio file).

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - alegend - 08-09-2013 16:25

hmm curious thing...
i just opend a file from my laptop and smartphone - and server doesnt auto restart, so the problem is related to my pc.
I wonder what could be the reason for this...

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - winxi - 09-09-2013 19:03

(08-09-2013 16:25)alegend Wrote:  hmm curious thing...
i just opend a file from my laptop and smartphone - and server doesnt auto restart, so the problem is related to my pc.
I wonder what could be the reason for this...

The first log shows that there have been written *.jpg files to one of your MinimServer content directories and thus the Auto Restart package initiated a MinimServer restart. I think that these files have been written by the Windows Media Player. You may not notice these files as they are usually hidden in Windows. With the

Code:
intotifyExclude=@eaDir|Thumbs\.db|^.*\.(jpg|JPG|png|PNG|gif|GIF)$

setting, the Auto Restart package should ignore when the Windows Media Player writes the *.jpg files. With this setting, please validate again whether MinimServer restarts when you play a track with the Windows Media Player. If so, please post the corresponding log-file.

The VLC player seems to open and close an audio file for writing when it is played, this is what I was able to reproduce and what your second log shows. I don't know why the VLC player does this, it may be a bug in VLC.

Please also try playing an audio file with Winamp. This shouldn't initiate a restart at all. If it does nonetheless, please also post the corresponding log-file. Many thanks!

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - winxi - 17-12-2013 18:46

The updated Synology Auto Restart package v0.6 is required to work properly with MinimServer v0.8.1 or higher, please see the first post of this thread.
Users of MinimServer v0.72 or lower should stick with the Synology Auto Restart Package v0.5.

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - Patatorz - 24-01-2014 07:20

Hello, FYI, the Auto Retsrat package does not work anymore with the DSM 5.0 Beta.

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - winxi - 24-01-2014 10:31

(24-01-2014 07:20)Patatorz Wrote:  Hello, FYI, the Auto Retsrat package does not work anymore with the DSM 5.0 Beta.

Thanks for letting me know.
I've no issues here with DSM 5.0 so far. Your problem may be related to a broken bootstrapper link in the 0.6 package, which I've fixed in the 0.7 package (see the first post of this thread).
Please try installing the 0.7 package and let me know how it works. Thanks!

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - Patatorz - 25-01-2014 08:34

Hello, just updated : it works fine ! Thanks a lot

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - ego - 04-02-2014 21:55

I have a Synology DS1512+ with DSM 4.3-3810. I am running MinimServer 0.8.1. on it. I have tried to install Auto Restart package (AutoRestart-0.7.spk) without success - every time I get the following message "Failded to install the package. Bootstrapper download failded."

Can you please advise how to install the package .

Thanks.

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - winxi - 04-02-2014 22:11

(04-02-2014 21:55)ego Wrote:  I have a Synology DS1512+ with DSM 4.3-3810. I am running MinimServer 0.8.1. on it. I have tried to install Auto Restart package (AutoRestart-0.7.spk) without success - every time I get the following message "Failded to install the package. Bootstrapper download failded."

Can you please advise how to install the package .

Thanks.

Please post the most recent installation log file here as an attachment. You should find this file in the folder public/minimautorestart.
The installation log files are numbered consecutively, please choose the log file with the highest number. Thanks!