MinimServer Forum
Simple web-interface - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Simple web-interface (/showthread.php?tid=408)

Simple web-interface - Alekz - 28-12-2012 02:01

Not sure if it was already discussed. A simple web-interface and a built-in UPnP controller can make the server available from everywhere and from any platform/device without installing additional UPnP controllers. All what will be needed is a web-browser.

The interface can be the same as for UPnP control apps: what to play, where and basic options. That's it. No frills.

RE: Simple web-interface - simoncn - 28-12-2012 14:06

(28-12-2012 02:01)Alekz Wrote:  Not sure if it was already discussed. A simple web-interface and a built-in UPnP controller can make the server available from everywhere and from any platform/device without installing additional UPnP controllers. All what will be needed is a web-browser.

The interface can be the same as for UPnP control apps: what to play, where and basic options. That's it. No frills.

I agree that a web UI is needed, and I'm planning to add this as a future improvement to MinimServer. I'll probably start by providing the equivalent of MinimWatch in a web UI.

A basic web-based control point would be useful as well, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to keep this at a basic level when users start asking for more advanced features.

RE: Simple web-interface - bbrip - 28-12-2012 14:10

(28-12-2012 14:06)simoncn Wrote:  I'll probably start by providing the equivalent of MinimWatch in a web UI.

This would be much appreciated as I could store the link as a favorite and call it on the iPad from the couch, similar to the config page on Twonky. Particulary the restart wwould be used frequently as I like to see spelling fixes etc that I do to reflect straight away in the library Wink

thanks
bbrip