MinimServer Forum
Booklets - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Booklets (/showthread.php?tid=3713)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Booklets - magister - 04-01-2017 14:32

I found another instance of the colon issue, so it isn't just that one album.

I'm quite sure I did a rescan but will do another to be sure.

Some time back I looked into upgrading my DSM. There was a specific reason I didn't go to v5, but I don't remember now what it was -- I think there were issues that hadn't been worked out and were causing problems for some users. I'm not sure if my DS213 can take v6 but will check (I note that v6 has caused some issues for MinimServer users). I am also thinking about upgrading my NAS to get a more secure file system for long-term storage (BTRFS, available on some Synology models now).

RE: Booklets - simoncn - 04-01-2017 15:12

There are no issues with MinimServer and DSM 5.0 or 6.0 if you do a manual install of the 0.8.4.2 version of MinimServer before doing the DSM update.

It is not likely that updating DSM will make a difference to the colon issue but it would eliminate this possibility and it is a good step forward for other reasons.

RE: Booklets - magister - 04-01-2017 16:21

I updated to DSM 5.0-4528; as you suspected, it did not solve the colon issue. Later today I will do the MinimServer manual update and then move to DSM 6.0. I'll let you know if it fixes the issue. Thanks for your help with this.

RE: Booklets - Dieter Stockert - 04-01-2017 16:46

Have you tried to re-write the whole file name and not only one letter?

RE: Booklets - nbpf - 04-01-2017 20:04

I'm late to the party but many many thanks Simon for providing this feature! Best, Nicola

RE: Booklets - magister - 05-01-2017 16:52

To quote Lewis Carroll: "curiouser and curiouser." After upgrading my NAS to the most recent release of DSM 6.0, the Belafonte: At Carnegie Hall pdf works, although Kind of Blue (2013 remaster) does not. But Eric Clapton's Unplugged (Remastered) does. Two albums with square brackets [ ] do not work.

(04-01-2017 16:46)Dieter Stockert Wrote:  Have you tried to re-write the whole file name and not only one letter?

No, (as far as I can remember) I just edited the existing names. I will try your suggestion when I can do more experimenting on this issue; I've got some other things going on today.

RE: Booklets - simoncn - 05-01-2017 17:01

(05-01-2017 16:52)magister Wrote:  To quote Lewis Carroll: "curiouser and curiouser." After upgrading my NAS to the most recent release of DSM 6.0, the Belafonte: At Carnegie Hall pdf works, although Kind of Blue (2013 remaster) does not. But Eric Clapton's Unplugged (Remastered) does. Two albums with square brackets [ ] do not work.

When you say these do not work, is the 'Digital booklet' link not showing up in BubbleUPnP? Or does this link show up and not work when you click it?

RE: Booklets - magister - 05-01-2017 17:29

(05-01-2017 17:01)simoncn Wrote:  When you say these do not work, is the 'Digital booklet' link not showing up in BubbleUPnP? Or does this link show up and not work when you click it?

The link does not show up. As I mentioned earlier, I normally put the source of the album in the Comment field. This always shows up. With most albums the link to the pdf booklet appears before the other comment information. In other words:

most albums: digital booklet Downloaded from eClassical.
some albums with unusual characters in album names: Downloaded from eClassical.

RE: Booklets - simoncn - 05-01-2017 18:10

(05-01-2017 16:52)magister Wrote:  To quote Lewis Carroll: "curiouser and curiouser." After upgrading my NAS to the most recent release of DSM 6.0, the Belafonte: At Carnegie Hall pdf works, although Kind of Blue (2013 remaster) does not. But Eric Clapton's Unplugged (Remastered) does. Two albums with square brackets [ ] do not work.

Here is a wild suggestion. Unicode contains various alternative characters for ( and [. Perhaps the album title has a different ( or [ character than the filename does.

RE: Booklets - Dieter Stockert - 05-01-2017 18:24

Ah, now I know why my suggestion from post 34 has worked some time ago (though it had nothing to do with Minim Server).