MinimServer Forum
Booklets - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Booklets (/showthread.php?tid=3713)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Booklets - Andre Gosselin - 02-01-2017 23:51

(02-01-2017 23:22)magister Wrote:  Thank you Andre and Hanu.

If I click on the three vertical dots (in a playlist or library) and then on Show Metadata, or on the cover in the Now Playing screen, I see a field 'Desc.' I believe this what Andre referred to in post #18. For a long time I have been in the habit of putting in the Comment field of my FLAC files a note about where I got the file from (ripped from CD, downloaded from HDtracks, etc.). I see this info in Desc.

Will the link to a booklet not show if there is any text previously entered in the Comment field? I guess this is what's happening. If so, Simon, you might mention this in the user guide.

The booklet link will show even if text is entered in the comment field, provided the 'tagformat' property has been correctly defined. If you set it as suggested in the manual:
Quote:Comment.displayFormat={$*infoFileURI^<a href="^">Digital booklet</a>$comment}

the hyper link will show as the string "Digital booklet", and "$comment" will be replaced by whatever is contained in your track "comment" field.

If the comment field contents is displayed but the booklet link does not appear, this suggests that either your 'tagFormat' property is incorrectly set, or that you pdf file is incorrectly named inside your track directory. Try to name your pdf file to the plain and simple "booklet.pdf", and recheck your tagFormat property. If it does not work, please post details of your setup.

RE: Booklets - simoncn - 02-01-2017 23:53

If you use the example format setting from the User guide, you will get the booklet link (if available) followed by any other comment text (if available).

RE: Booklets - magister - 03-01-2017 00:03

Thank you, Simon. I copied and pasted the text from the user guide, so it should be OK. I will recheck everything later tonight.

RE: Booklets - simoncn - 03-01-2017 16:10

(20-12-2016 21:36)simoncn Wrote:  The name matching algorithm used by MinimServer for album names is as follows:

1) Start with the the full album name (from the ALBUM tag)

2) Remove any illegal filename characters from this name.
On Windows, the illegal filename characters are " * / : < > ? \ |
On Mac and Linux, the only illegal filename character is /

I have changed this in update 96 to use the same set of characters on all platforms. This is to prevent problems when the user platform for editing or copying files is different from the platform on which MinimServer is running (a very common case) and other similar situations. See this section for details of the new rules.

RE: Booklets - magister - 03-01-2017 23:37

I have updated to release 96 and booklets do work. But I am getting some inconsistent results.

I prefer to use album names rather than the generic booklet.pdf in order to avoid any potential confusion. I know that such booklet names must match the case of the album title and have been careful about this. Many of them do work, but some don't. Here three that don't:

Kind Of Blue (2013 Remaster).pdf -- album title and PDF are the same except for the .pdf extension; parentheses are not illegal characters, it seems (I thought they were before checking the list)

Belafonte At Carnegie Hall.pdf -- album title is Belafonte: At Carnegie Hall; colon removed

The Koln Concert.pdf -- album title is The Köln Concert. I avoid using non-ascii characters in filenames, even though it should be OK nowadays (better safe than sorry!). Software often can match things like Koln/Köln. If MinimServer can't do this for booklets, I can live with it -- maybe for this album I will use a generic booklet.pdf. Just let us know. But what's wrong with the first two?

RE: Booklets - simoncn - 04-01-2017 00:16

The first two should be OK. The third will not be supported.

What platform(s) are you using to run MinimServer and host your library files?

RE: Booklets - magister - 04-01-2017 00:25

Thanks, Simon. MinimServer itself and my music files are on a Synology DS213 NAS, running DSM 4.3-3827. I edit tags with mp3tag and run MinimWatch on a Win 7 Pro laptop.

RE: Booklets - simoncn - 04-01-2017 12:12

I have tried your first and second cases on my Synology DS713+ running DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 7. They are both working as expected. Please check the booklet filenames using Synology DSM File Station to make sure they are as you intended.

RE: Booklets - magister - 04-01-2017 12:39

I just looked at the pdf names using File Station — they look correct.

RE: Booklets - simoncn - 04-01-2017 12:46

(04-01-2017 12:39)magister Wrote:  I just looked at the pdf names using File Station — they look correct.

Have you done a MinimServer rescan (not restart)? This is necessary for MinimServer to find the .pdf files.

I don't have any more ideas except that this might be related to the older version of DSM that you are running. Is there a reason why you are still on 4.3?