MinimServer Forum
Error "No content directory was specified" - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Error "No content directory was specified" (/showthread.php?tid=3645)

Pages: 1 2

Error "No content directory was specified" - Madien - 27-10-2016 07:15

Hello
I am a new user of Minimserver. I face this issue in the first step of the installation process : "No content directory was specified"

I copy and past the link to the music directory on my NAS Synology as described in the installation guide. But it doesn't work.

Any idea of what needs to be done ?

Thank you
Madien

RE: Error "No content directory was specified" - simoncn - 27-10-2016 08:20

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

The steps are described on this page. In steps 2 and 3, what value did you copy and paste from the Properties dialog into the Content directory field?

RE: Error "No content directory was specified" - Madien - 27-10-2016 12:22

(27-10-2016 08:20)simoncn Wrote:  Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

The steps are described on this page. In steps 2 and 3, what value did you copy and paste from the Properties dialog into the Content directory field?

Thank for your nice welcome !

Yes, I have copied and paste from the Properties dialog, and added "/volume2/music".

I have installed Java 7. Should I install Java 8 ?

Madien

RE: Error "No content directory was specified" - simoncn - 27-10-2016 12:49

Either Java 7 or Java 8 will work. Java 8 is recommended because Java 7 is no longer supported with updates from Oracle.

What happens when you paste /volume2/music into the 'Content directory' field and press Update?

RE: Error "No content directory was specified" - Madien - 27-10-2016 19:53

(27-10-2016 12:49)simoncn Wrote:  Either Java 7 or Java 8 will work. Java 8 is recommended because Java 7 is no longer supported with updates from Oracle.

What happens when you paste /volume2/music into the 'Content directory' field and press Update?

When I paste /volume2/music into the 'Content directory' field and press Update?, I have the error message : ""No content directory was specified"

RE: Error "No content directory was specified" - simoncn - 27-10-2016 20:10

(27-10-2016 19:53)Madien Wrote:  When I paste /volume2/music into the 'Content directory' field and press Update?, I have the error message : ""No content directory was specified"

Which web browser are you using to view the MinimServer status web page? I am not seeing this problem when using Firefox on Windows. For me, the "No content directory was specified" message occurs only if I leave the 'Content directory' field blank and press Update.

RE: Error "No content directory was specified" - Madien - 27-10-2016 20:59

(27-10-2016 20:10)simoncn Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 19:53)Madien Wrote:  When I paste /volume2/music into the 'Content directory' field and press Update?, I have the error message : ""No content directory was specified"

Which web browser are you using to view the MinimServer status web page? I am not seeing this problem when using Firefox on Windows. For me, the "No content directory was specified" message occurs only if I leave the 'Content directory' field blank and press Update.

Thanks a lot for your help !

First I copy and paste the /volume2/music. Then I click on update. The 'Content directory' becomes empty and /volume2/music is written just above.
I have attached a copy of the screen.

RE: Error "No content directory was specified" - simoncn - 27-10-2016 21:02

This would happen if you double-clicked the Update button. The first click would set the content directory (which is shown as having been set correctly) and the second click would produce the error message you are seeing.

RE: Error "No content directory was specified" - Madien - 27-10-2016 22:53

I'm not sure to understand : Shall I click once or double click ?

Could you please tell me again the correct procedure, to be sure I will do it well ?

Many thanks
Madien

RE: Error "No content directory was specified" - simoncn - 27-10-2016 23:19

You do not need to do anything now because the content directory is set.

If you need to change the content directory, you should paste the new directory name into the field and click Update once.