MinimServer Forum
Minimwatch icon non responsive in systray - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Minimwatch icon non responsive in systray (/showthread.php?tid=3638)

Minimwatch icon non responsive in systray - Jota - 21-10-2016 11:09

Hi,

I've a strange problem with Minimwatch icon in my systray, I want to get it to rescan my library but when I right click on the icon nothing happens. I can't left click it either. Hovering the mouse over it and I get the pop up saying Minimserver (Diskstation) is running and the icon itself is green.

I went to try and reinstall Minimwatch but the uninstaller wont let me uninstall as Minimwatch is running but without being able to right click the icon, I can't shut it down.

I went to force the program to terminate but rather bizarrely, when I run Task Manager, there's no listing for Minimwatch. I tried Microsoft's Process Explorer and it's not listed in there either.

How can I remove this to reinstall it?

tia

RE: Minimwatch icon non responsive in systray - jcn3 - 21-10-2016 15:08

(21-10-2016 11:09)Jota Wrote:  Hi,

I've a strange problem with Minimwatch icon in my systray, I want to get it to rescan my library but when I right click on the icon nothing happens. I can't left click it either. Hovering the mouse over it and I get the pop up saying Minimserver (Diskstation) is running and the icon itself is green.

I went to try and reinstall Minimwatch but the uninstaller wont let me uninstall as Minimwatch is running but without being able to right click the icon, I can't shut it down.

I went to force the program to terminate but rather bizarrely, when I run Task Manager, there's no listing for Minimwatch. I tried Microsoft's Process Explorer and it's not listed in there either.

How can I remove this to reinstall it?

tia

go into control panel > programs and features. you'll see a list of all installed programs. select minimwatch and then click on uninstall.

RE: Minimwatch icon non responsive in systray - Jota - 22-10-2016 11:46

"I went to try and reinstall Minimwatch but the uninstaller wont let me uninstall as Minimwatch is running but without being able to right click the icon, I can't shut it down."

RE: Minimwatch icon non responsive in systray - Peter StreamMagic - 22-10-2016 14:26

(22-10-2016 11:46)Jota Wrote:  "I went to try and reinstall Minimwatch but the uninstaller wont let me uninstall as Minimwatch is running but without being able to right click the icon, I can't shut it down."
At this moment I do have the same problem.
It is not possible to do a rescan on both my PC and NAS.
However it is possible to do a rescan using the Lumin app.
Right-clicking the MinimWatch icon does not work.

Peter.

RE: Minimwatch icon non responsive in systray - Peter StreamMagic - 22-10-2016 14:53

(22-10-2016 14:26)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 11:46)Jota Wrote:  "I went to try and reinstall Minimwatch but the uninstaller wont let me uninstall as Minimwatch is running but without being able to right click the icon, I can't shut it down."
At this moment I do have the same problem.
It is not possible to do a rescan on both my PC and NAS.
However it is possible to do a rescan using the Lumin app.
Right-clicking the MinimWatch icon does not work.

Peter.
Rescanning with the Lumin app did work once.
I tried a second rescan.
Now the icon is yellow ""stopping MinimServer[NAS]" and nothing happens.

RE: Minimwatch icon non responsive in systray - simoncn - 23-10-2016 21:15

(21-10-2016 11:09)Jota Wrote:  I went to force the program to terminate but rather bizarrely, when I run Task Manager, there's no listing for Minimwatch. I tried Microsoft's Process Explorer and it's not listed in there either.

It sounds like MinimWatch is hung.

If you select the Processes tab in Task Manager, you can find the MinimWatch process by looking for 'javaw.exe' in the Image Name column.

If there is more than one process with this image name, you can use the Command Line column (not shown by default) to find out which of these is the MinimWatch process.

Please check the minimwatch.log file in the folder C:/Users/your-user-name/AppData/Roaming/MinimWatch/data to see whether there are any error messages. The AppData folder is hidden by default in Windows Explorer and you can work around this by typing the above full path into the Explorer address bar.

There is no need to reinstall MinimWatch. Relaunching it after terminating the process should be sufficient to restore correct operation.

RE: Minimwatch icon non responsive in systray - DavidHB - 24-10-2016 13:21

(23-10-2016 21:15)simoncn Wrote:  ... the minimwatch.log file in the folder C:/Users/your-user-name/AppData/Roaming/MinimWatch/data to see whether there are any error messages. The AppData folder is hidden by default in Windows Explorer and you can work around this by typing the above full path into the Explorer address bar.

You can get to the C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming folder (or just to ...\Appdata on Windows XP) by simply typing in the system variable name %APPDATA%. That makes things a bit easier.

David

RE: Minimwatch icon non responsive in systray - Peter StreamMagic - 25-10-2016 19:23

(23-10-2016 21:15)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 11:09)Jota Wrote:  I went to force the program to terminate but rather bizarrely, when I run Task Manager, there's no listing for Minimwatch. I tried Microsoft's Process Explorer and it's not listed in there either.

It sounds like MinimWatch is hung.

If you select the Processes tab in Task Manager, you can find the MinimWatch process by looking for 'javaw.exe' in the Image Name column.

If there is more than one process with this image name, you can use the Command Line column (not shown by default) to find out which of these is the MinimWatch process.

Please check the minimwatch.log file in the folder C:/Users/your-user-name/AppData/Roaming/MinimWatch/data to see whether there are any error messages. The AppData folder is hidden by default in Windows Explorer and you can work around this by typing the above full path into the Explorer address bar.

There is no need to reinstall MinimWatch. Relaunching it after terminating the process should be sufficient to restore correct operation.
Restarting the NAS solved the problem in my case.
MinimWatch hanging occurred several times this day (doing a lot of retagging) there must be something going wrong, causing MinimWatch to hang.
[attachment=1286][attachment=1287]
Peter.

RE: Minimwatch icon non responsive in systray - simoncn - 25-10-2016 21:52

Thanks for these logs. They don't give any indication of what might have caused the problem.

As the problem was solved by restarting the NAS, it is possible that the hang was in MinimServer rather than MInimWatch. I'm glad you have been able to get things working again.