MinimServer Forum
Cannot install Minimstreamer - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: MinimStreamer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Cannot install Minimstreamer (/showthread.php?tid=2836)

Pages: 1 2

Cannot install Minimstreamer - klar46 - 30-12-2015 14:10

I have a Synology DS 710+ with Minimserver installed. My music files are mostly flac and I stream these to my (new) Naim NDX without a problem. I wish to transcode to WAV for which I need Minimstreamer (I think). I have installed Minimwatch on my Win7 PC but all attempts to install Minimstreamer have failed so far. When going to Minimwatch: options/properties/packages, I get the message in red "Resources not available http://jminim.com/packages/minimstreamer.jmpkg.

Internet is working fine and disabling the firwall makes no difference.

Is there anybody out there who can help?
Thanks[/font]

RE: Cannot install Minimstreamer - simoncn - 30-12-2015 18:47

(30-12-2015 14:10)klar46 Wrote:  I have a Synology DS 710+ with Minimserver installed. My music files are mostly flac and I stream these to my (new) Naim NDX without a problem. I wish to transcode to WAV for which I need Minimstreamer (I think). I have installed Minimwatch on my Win7 PC but all attempts to install Minimstreamer have failed so far. When going to Minimwatch: options/properties/packages, I get the message in red "Resources not available http://jminim.com/packages/minimstreamer.jmpkg.

Thanks[/font]

This message means you are not installing MinimStreamer correctly.

It sounds like you are attempting to do this installation by selecting Options > Properties (watch) from the minim icon. You need to do it by selecting Properties from the minim icon. This will show you a MinimStreamer package in the 'Available packages' list, which you can select and install.

RE: Cannot install Minimstreamer - klar46 - 30-12-2015 20:21

(30-12-2015 18:47)simoncn Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 14:10)klar46 Wrote:  I have a Synology DS 710+ with Minimserver installed. My music files are mostly flac and I stream these to my (new) Naim NDX without a problem. I wish to transcode to WAV for which I need Minimstreamer (I think). I have installed Minimwatch on my Win7 PC but all attempts to install Minimstreamer have failed so far. When going to Minimwatch: options/properties/packages, I get the message in red "Resources not available http://jminim.com/packages/minimstreamer.jmpkg.

Thanks[/font]

This message means you are not installing MinimStreamer correctly.

It sounds like you are attempting to do this installation by selecting Options > Properties (watch) from the minim icon. You need to do it by selecting Properties from the minim icon. This will show you a MinimStreamer package in the 'Available packages' list, which you can select and install.

RE: Cannot install Minimstreamer - klar46 - 30-12-2015 20:24

Thanks simoncn for your reply. The "properties" from the minimwatch icon are "greyed out" so I cannot use them. Why would that be?
Regards.

RE: Cannot install Minimstreamer - simoncn - 30-12-2015 21:29

(30-12-2015 20:24)klar46 Wrote:  Thanks simoncn for your reply. The "properties" from the minimwatch icon are "greyed out" so I cannot use them. Why would that be?
Regards.

This might mean that MinimServer is not running. Have you checked that MinimServer is showing as running in the Synology Package Center?

If MinimServer is running, you probably have a firewall running on your Windows 7 PC that is blocking inbound connections to Java. This prevents MinimWatch from finding MinimServer. To confirm this, try completely disabling the Windows firewall and doing a Refresh in MinimWatch.

If this still doesn't enable MinimWatch to find MinimServer, you might have more than one network adapter (real or virtual) on the PC running MinimWatch. To solve this, you need to set the ohnet.subnet property for MinimWatch (using "Options > Properties (watch)") as described in this section.

RE: Cannot install Minimstreamer - klar46 - 01-01-2016 15:04

(30-12-2015 21:29)simoncn Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 20:24)klar46 Wrote:  Thanks simoncn for your reply. The "properties" from the minimwatch icon are "greyed out" so I cannot use them. Why would that be?
Regards.

This might mean that MinimServer is not running. Have you checked that MinimServer is showing as running in the Synology Package Center?

If MinimServer is running, you probably have a firewall running on your Windows 7 PC that is blocking inbound connections to Java. This prevents MinimWatch from finding MinimServer. To confirm this, try completely disabling the Windows firewall and doing a Refresh in MinimWatch.

If this still doesn't enable MinimWatch to find MinimServer, you might have more than one network adapter (real or virtual) on the PC running MinimWatch. To solve this, you need to set the ohnet.subnet property for MinimWatch (using "Options > Properties (watch)") as described in this section.

RE: Cannot install Minimstreamer - klar46 - 01-01-2016 15:14

Happy New Year to you. Apologies for the late reply but i did a number of things to the system in an attempt to get minimwatch/ minimstreamer working. I still have not succeeded. Minimserver is running well all the time. I have switched off the Norton firewall but that does not improve communication. I did indeed have a "Local Area Connection 2" sitting idle and I have deleted this connection. I have set ohnet.subnet as described in UPnP subnet section. Result: Minimwatch still cannot find Minimserver (with or without firwall). I have tried to delete/re-install minimwatch a number of times: no results. A thoughts from your side? Regards, Arno.

RE: Cannot install Minimstreamer - simoncn - 01-01-2016 19:41

Happy New Year! If you look at the MinimWatch log, what value do you see for the active subnet? Does this value match what you would expect?

RE: Cannot install Minimstreamer - klar46 - 02-01-2016 10:14

Hi Simon. Indeed there were network problems with my desktop PC. It had lost its place in the "Homegroup". I updated my laptop (barely used since we have iPad's) and installed Java, Minimwatch and Minimstreamer successfully. As from this morning Minimserver is transcoding the flac files to wav. Thanks for your help!
Arno.

RE: Cannot install Minimstreamer Synology DS415play - butterfly75 - 19-01-2016 03:20

I have the same installation problem (I previously was successful in installing Minimstreamer on the NAS, and then it disappeared and I forgot the steps I took for installation).

Here is the answer I tried to understand:

"It sounds like you are attempting to do this installation by selecting Options > Properties (watch) from the minim icon. You need to do it by selecting Properties from the minim icon. This will show you a MinimStreamer package in the 'Available packages' list, which you can select and install."

When I right-click on the Minimwatch icon everything above the options choice is grey, and not functional--so I can't choose a property from that menu. When I click on options and then properties I do get a window where I can choose packages, but that does not work for Update 37 ("Unable to rename update file) or for Minimstreamer. What do I need to do for the Minimwatch menu to be functional?

Thanks for any help.