MinimServer Forum
Server Installation - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Server Installation (/showthread.php?tid=2477)

Server Installation - mclev - 16-06-2015 21:06

When I try to install the server on my computer I get the message:
unable to execute file... (location address)... Shell Execute EX failed. Application not found.

This is Windows 7 64 bit. I tried both x86 and x64. I actually want to install it on my WD MyCloud NAS. But when going to browse within the installer, the NAS doesn't show up even though it is clearly on my computer network and I can access it from Windows Explorer.

RE: Server Installation - simoncn - 16-06-2015 22:18

(16-06-2015 21:06)mclev Wrote:  When I try to install the server on my computer I get the message:
unable to execute file... (location address)... Shell Execute EX failed. Application not found.

This is Windows 7 64 bit. I tried both x86 and x64. I actually want to install it on my WD MyCloud NAS. But when going to browse within the installer, the NAS doesn't show up even though it is clearly on my computer network and I can access it from Windows Explorer.

Do you have Java installed on your computer? It sounds like the .jar file extension might not be associated with the Java executable.

The WD MyCloud NAS is not supported for installing and running MinimServer. It might be possible to make this work if you have advanced Linux skills. The supported NAS brands are QNAP, Synology and ASUSTOR.

RE: Server Installation - mclev - 17-06-2015 13:17

Thanks. I'll get a different NAS. May see if I can get it to install on the computer in the meantime.

RE: Server Installation - mclev - 17-06-2015 15:45

Is there any reason a QNAP 210 would not work? Do the drives need to be anything specific?

RE: Server Installation - simoncn - 18-06-2015 10:02

(17-06-2015 15:45)mclev Wrote:  Is there any reason a QNAP 210 would not work? Do the drives need to be anything specific?

I presume you mean the HS-210, not the TS-210. The HS-210 would work well with MinimServer and it doesn't matter which drives you use.

RE: Server Installation - mclev - 18-06-2015 14:33

Yes. HS, not TS. Thanks!