MinimServer Forum
Genre errors - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Music Tagging (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Genre errors (/showthread.php?tid=2067)

Genre errors - maikeru - 30-12-2014 06:48

I had some genre and file errors in dbpoweramp - evidently a question mark caused the file to be ignored or corrupted.

I renamed the file (omitting the "?") and renamed the ID/genre.

Other servers (e.g. Synology music station) plus tagging services see the new genre without error.

However, Minimserver still reads the old genre.

Any ideas ?

RE: Genre errors - simoncn - 30-12-2014 09:42

(30-12-2014 06:48)maikeru Wrote:  I had some genre and file errors in dbpoweramp - evidently a question mark caused the file to be ignored or corrupted.

I renamed the file (omitting the "?") and renamed the ID/genre.

Other servers (e.g. Synology music station) plus tagging services see the new genre without error.

However, Minimserver still reads the old genre.

Any ideas ?

If you change the tags in a file without changing the size or date of the file, MinimServer will use its previous cache entry because it thinks the file hasn't changed. To force a rescan, set the startupScan property to "full" and select Rescan from the minim icon.

RE: Genre errors - maikeru - 31-12-2014 03:55

If you change the tags in a file without changing the size or date of the file, MinimServer will use its previous cache entry because it thinks the file hasn't changed. To force a rescan, set the startupScan property to "full" and select Rescan from the minim icon.
[/quote]

I tried that and it did not work. HOWEVER doing a full server restart plus rescan did the trick.

Thank you again and Happy New Year!