MinimServer Forum
Melco Audiophile NAS - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Digital Audio (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Melco Audiophile NAS (/showthread.php?tid=2032)

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - stephenpark - 21-06-2023 05:03

I use Melco for a fortnight already.
It has much better sound characteristics and different if I compare with my Raspberry Pi based Jriver Media Server, love this SQ.

I drop my idea to up-scale with MinimStremer, because anyway I use M-Scaler.
But anyway I installed MinimStremer because pure curiosity of radio station which showing on Melco HD app.

Now, I am very curios that where I can find this radio station configuration files? It should be .m3u format playlist dedicated for radio station, but I can't find where.
Also I want add/edit this file for fill of my own favorite radio stations.

I'm using Melco N1A/2EX HDD version, but I change to SSD / upgrade low-noise version of SMPS / custom DC filter. I want you guys to see it's inside Big Grin
Micron 4TB enterprise grade SDD (2.5") x 2, because of it's HDD bracket is only for 3.5" HDD, so I use 3.5" to 2.5" conversion bracket from DELL server part, and it only can use upside down. But final quality is ok, and very silent, that I can't hear any motor spin noise at all, hopefully it won't generate any electrical or whatever noise as HDD!

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 21-06-2023 09:44

You can download a sample file in m3u format containing BBC UK-only radio streams from this link. This shows the correct format but you won't be able to play these streams if you are not in the UK. The format of the file is described in this section.

I willl look into creating a sample file containing other streams (not just BBC) that are available worldwide.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - stephenpark - 21-06-2023 09:52

(21-06-2023 09:44)simoncn Wrote:  You can download a sample file in m3u format containing BBC UK-only radio streams from this link. This shows the correct format but you won't be able to play these streams if you are not in the UK. The format of the file is described in this section.

I willl look into creating a sample file containing other streams (not just BBC) that are available worldwide.

Thanks a lot simoncn, I'm look forward to your info.
BTW, this m3u file, which location on Melco I should copy it? That I couldn't find location...

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 21-06-2023 10:25

You can place the file anywhere in your music library. A MinimServer rescan will find it and it will be shown in the index under 'n playlists'.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 21-06-2023 22:21

I am attaching a zipped sample file containing UK and non-UK BBC streams and a few other streams with different formats and resolutions. After downloading it, you need to extract the MinimRadio.m3u file and copy this file to your MinimServer library.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - stephenpark - 22-06-2023 01:13

(21-06-2023 22:21)simoncn Wrote:  I am attaching a zipped sample file containing UK and non-UK BBC streams and a few other streams with different formats and resolutions. After downloading it, you need to extract the MinimRadio.m3u file and copy this file to your MinimServer library.

Wow, thanks a lot!
I will check it out and see what I can do!Big Grin

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - stephenpark - 29-06-2023 02:50

I would like to ask, that people use Melco for always on?
I usually turn off when my audio system is not in use, i.e when I work or away from home. Basically this device does not come with any remote or trigger feature, so I presume that this device is meant to be on always...

Of course Melco is NAS, it has network streamer function, but I think people turn this on always and do not think turn off this...

What about others? Huh

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 29-06-2023 08:29

I always turn off my Melco when not in use. Startup is very quick, unlike other NAS (especially QNAP) that take many minutes to start.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - stephenpark - 29-06-2023 10:27

(29-06-2023 08:29)simoncn Wrote:  I always turn off my Melco when not in use. Startup is very quick, unlike other NAS (especially QNAP) that take many minutes to start.

Ah, all right. So what I did is not that bad then.Big Grin
I use MinimServer with SongKong, and it has Monitor Watch Folder feature and I have to turn on every time when I boot up my Melco. That's annoying, that's why I ask this question.... But while I wrote this up on forum, I got another answer from Songkong forum regard this problem, and now I know that I don't need to turn on this "Watch Folder" feature each time unless I have new album which need to be added on my library...

So... I will turn off my Melco for save electricity bill and for sake of Global climate Crisis.Smile

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - stephenpark - 25-07-2023 17:29

Hello, is there anybody know what is this icon on my Melco N1.
When play music from local minimserver or qobuz, there is icon on bottom right conner - minimserver shows drum(it seems represent "local storage") with "D" on it... when playing Qobuz, this icon is "Network".

But when I play Tidal, icon shows Tidal logo, and no sound is goes to USB connected DAC. Only title/artist is shows on screen and side scrolling, and tidal logo on bottom right corner, no sound playing.
This issue is only occur when I use "JPLAY" iOS app. With MelcoHD or MConnrct has no problem at all, playing tidal also shows "Network" icon, and sound playing normally.

Please check attached picture and let me know what is it.
[attachment=3012]
This is normal Qobuz playback.

[attachment=3011]
This is Tidal play, no sound and tidal logo showing