MinimServer Forum
Melco Audiophile NAS - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Digital Audio (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Melco Audiophile NAS (/showthread.php?tid=2032)

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - maikeru - 28-03-2021 00:25

Hello again all! Not sure is this is the best place to post this but I suspect (?) the issue I am experiencing might be Melco (or perhaps Minimserver, or maybe even Lumin T2 related).

Issue:
I cannot play a 352k/32bit DXD album that has been downloaded natively as WAV to my Melco.
I have two DXD 352k/32 bit DXD albums. One plays fine. The other is unrecognized by the Lumin (it skips from track to track, playing no output).

I've had issues in the past with 352k DXD albums in FLAC with the Melco but this is native wav.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 28-03-2021 09:12

By "Lumin" do you mean the LUMIN player (hardware) or the LUMIN app with some other player?

Edit: from your reference to "Lumin T2" I presume this is the LUMIN hardware. It sounds like the second album uses a form of WAV encoding that the T2 doesn't support.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - maikeru - 29-03-2021 03:10

Yes correct - Lumin T2 Hardware. With Melco (Dela) SSD NAS. Peter at Lumin told me that "we do NOT support floating point WAV. You must convert them to integer"....I was completely unaware that there were different WAV formats. Presumably dbPoweramp can do this for me?

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - pdcman - 05-05-2021 23:37

Hi,
Minimserver has disappeared from my Melco N1A. Is there any reason for this?
It has been running fine for several years.
Thx

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 06-05-2021 08:19

Are you still using MinimServer 0.8? Did you also install MinimStreamer 0.7? The license for MinimStreamer 0.7 ended recently.

To continue to run MinimServer, you need to either uninstall MinimStreamer (using MinimWatch) or update to MinimServer 2 (see this page).

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - flip4real - 24-08-2021 11:52

Hi there,

I recently purchased a 2019 Melco N1Z/H60 MkII, which will be updated to EX soon. Afterwards I plan to replace the internal HDDs with Crucial MX500 SSD drives.
Has anyone tried the use of a single (2TB) drive instead of two drives in spanned or RAID mode? Or does the N1Z have to have two drives installed to work?
Melco has recently upgraded its N1Z models to single HDD and SSD drives and new power supplies, claiming "an immediate sound quality upgrade" due to the use of single drives without the implementation of RAID.

Regards

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 24-08-2021 13:04

I haven't tried using a single drive in a Melco but this works with other NASs so I would expect it to work with a Melco. I think you probably won't get the full benefits that the new model provides because the RAID controller will still be running even though RAID isn't being used.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 10-11-2021 17:42

Whenever you add new music, you need to select "Rescan Songs and Playlists." MinimServer shows "Modified or deleted item" to tell you that a rescan is needed.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - 4367 - 10-11-2021 17:48

(10-11-2021 17:42)simoncn Wrote:  Whenever you add new music, you need to select "Rescan Songs and Playlists." MinimServer shows "Modified or deleted item" to tell you that a rescan is needed.

Ok thanks

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 17-11-2021 08:20

You don't need a full license to use MinimServer on multiple Melco devices. Just as with a single Melco device, you can upgrade to the full license if you want the extra features it provides. A full license covers up to 3 devices, so a single full license can be used to upgrade both your devices.

After adding new music, you need to do a MinimServer rescan to make the new music available in MinimServer. I will leave it to someone else to clarify what you need to do with SongKong.