MinimServer Forum
Melco Audiophile NAS - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Digital Audio (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Melco Audiophile NAS (/showthread.php?tid=2032)

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - Peter@57m - 05-02-2016 22:51

As Simon says, if you wish any more, post to Linn forum.

On iOS 9.2.1 its Kazoo 4.9.58, same Kazoo version on android, PC is 4.8.927.

Nothing special on Melco.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 05-02-2016 23:11

(05-02-2016 22:13)Peter@57m Wrote:  Just FYI, I have Kazoo on iPad, android and PC working fine with both Twonky (pah) and with MinimServer on Melco N1A Big Grin

I think the question is about getting Kazoo to work with the USB-DAC renderer on the Melco (supposedly OpenHome compliant).

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - davek - 05-02-2016 23:24

(05-02-2016 22:51)Peter@57m Wrote:  As Simon says, if you wish any more, post to Linn forum.

On iOS 9.2.1 its Kazoo 4.9.58, same Kazoo version on android, PC is 4.8.927.

Nothing special on Melco.

The latest ver of Kazoo (in the states) is 4.9.57 dated Feb 1st. Confused

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - Mihaylov - 06-02-2016 10:45

davek, why not use Lumin CP?

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - jp11801 - 09-02-2016 03:03

just received my Melco NA1 and would appreciate the instructions on how to run minim server on it. Thanks in advance John

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - malkit - 12-02-2016 17:20

Hello Simon.
Another new N1A owner here, would you please be kind enough to pm the instructions for installing MinimServer?

I also have a question for you. I'm deciding atm how I'm going to set up the Melco I was planning to use it in raid1 configuration but I noted another user a few pages back stating that both he and you felt the N1A sounded best configured as a spanned array.
My question is if this is truely your opinion and if so was the comparison done using N1A as a renderer, nas or both?
Many thanks in advance.
Matthew

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 12-02-2016 21:09

(12-02-2016 17:20)malkit Wrote:  Hello Simon.
Another new N1A owner here, would you please be kind enough to pm the instructions for installing MinimServer?

I will.

Quote:I also have a question for you. I'm deciding atm how I'm going to set up the Melco I was planning to use it in raid1 configuration but I noted another user a few pages back stating that both he and you felt the N1A sounded best configured as a spanned array.
My question is if this is truely your opinion and if so was the comparison done using N1A as a renderer, nas or both?
Many thanks in advance.
Matthew

I didn't do a direct comparison myself but from offline conversations with the other user together with my own experiences I am convinced that the sound is better with a spanned array. It should be fairly easy for you to do a comparison yourself to check whether you agree wth this. The N1A was used as a NAS with a Linn KDS or KDSM connected to the N1A's player port.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - Lowden - 16-02-2016 20:51

Hi Simon
Another request for the installation instructions for Melco N1 if it's possible to pm them.
Thanks!
Nick

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - haneriali - 17-02-2016 01:08

Ordered a N1A yesterday. Should arrive tomorrow. Plan to run it in for a while using the native Twonky to get a sense of the SQ. Will look to install MinimServer at some point in the future.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - Martin H - 17-02-2016 17:28

Just to add tuppence here.

The minimserver on the Melco has operated perfectly on the N1A but I did use the Twonky server a few times before up Minimserver and had a few blips with that - these may well have been resolved by later releases.

Remain very pleased with the Melco despite scepticism from many it has been for us here a useful improvement. I should add I was also sceptical but thankfully decided to use my ears to decide not my brain. I am grateful for the improvement regardless of any certain technical explanation for it.