MinimServer Forum
Installing BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer on ReadyNAS - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Digital Audio (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Installing BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer on ReadyNAS (/showthread.php?tid=1886)

Installing BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer on ReadyNAS - RvdP - 02-10-2014 20:30

All,

I've successfully installed Java and MinimServer on my ReadyNAS NVX Pioneer Edition, so far so good. Smile

But, as it appears MinimServer isn't Open Home Media compatible (?) or at least: it doesn't offer me the locally stored playlist that makes synchronized playlist management over multiple devices possible. (or am I overlooking something?)

Now as I see it, I could setup BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer to add this functionality...

...if I only could find a way to install that application on my ReadyNAS NVX. Sad Can't seem to find a valid ad-on package for it!

Anyone able to help me out? Would be much appreciated!

- Thanks!

RE: Installing BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer on ReadyNAS - simoncn - 02-10-2014 20:36

(02-10-2014 20:30)RvdP Wrote:  All,

I've successfully installed Java and MinimServer on my ReadyNAS NVX Pioneer Edition, so far so good. Smile

But, as it appears MinimServer isn't Open Home Media compatible (?) or at least: it doesn't offer me the locally stored playlist that makes synchronized playlist management over multiple devices possible. (or am I overlooking something?)

You're correct that MinimServer doesn't support this.

Quote:Now as I see it, I could setup BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer to add this functionality...

...if I only could find a way to install that application on my ReadyNAS NVX. Sad Can't seem to find a valid ad-on package for it!

Anyone able to help me out? Would be much appreciated!

- Thanks!

I'm not aware of a ReadyNAS add-on for BubbleUPnP Server. The best place to ask for advice would probably be the BubbleUPnP forum.

RE: Installing BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer on ReadyNAS - RvdP - 03-10-2014 20:22

(02-10-2014 20:36)simoncn Wrote:  I'm not aware of a ReadyNAS add-on for BubbleUPnP Server. The best place to ask for advice would probably be the BubbleUPnP forum.

Hi Simoncn - thanks for your quick reply. You're right, there's no (official) ReadyNAS add-on for it. That's exactly my challenge.

So, I was hoping to perhaps find someone on this forum with lot's of users having comparable setups, who either had done exactly this before or knows a way for me to get this done.

Perhaps anyone knows how to make a valid package for the ReadyNAS, so I can execute that process on the BubbleUPnP Server installation files that are available?

I've posted this question on several boards hoping to find some answers and just a moment ago I indeed found the BubbleUPnP support forum where I posted my help-request. If I happen to find the solution elsewhere, I'd be happy to share it here for someone else facing this problem later on..

RE: Installing BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer on ReadyNAS - lyapounov - 24-02-2015 23:36

Hello

I guess you have seen this thread :

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=74228

RE: Installing BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer on ReadyNAS - simoncn - 24-02-2015 23:51

(24-02-2015 23:36)lyapounov Wrote:  Hello

I guess you have seen this thread :

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=74228

I hadn't seen this before and I'm not sure why you have posted this link.