MinimServer Forum
Listing New tracks - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Listing New tracks (/showthread.php?tid=166)

Pages: 1 2

Listing New tracks - brenin - 19-10-2012 16:52

I'm just getting to grips with MinimServer on my mac supporting some Linn sneaky's and Majik's.

I have come through the squeezebox route and have had fun with Twonky, and asset. Minim just works so well but has one gap in the way I listen to music.

I like to trawl my new music list and play the most recent albums for a few weeks- they then get moved into the, generally, will not play again - or into years or moods.

Is there any way for me to config the filters etc to allow me to list the most recent , say 100 albums that have been added to my music library?

apart for that - it's a great piece of code - it runs quickly, works and hasn't fallen over.

Thanks

Ian

RE: Listing New tracks - simoncn - 19-10-2012 17:31

(19-10-2012 16:52)brenin Wrote:  I'm just getting to grips with MinimServer on my mac supporting some Linn sneaky's and Majik's.

I have come through the squeezebox route and have had fun with Twonky, and asset. Minim just works so well but has one gap in the way I listen to music.

I like to trawl my new music list and play the most recent albums for a few weeks- they then get moved into the, generally, will not play again - or into years or moods.

Is there any way for me to config the filters etc to allow me to list the most recent , say 100 albums that have been added to my music library?

apart for that - it's a great piece of code - it runs quickly, works and hasn't fallen over.

Thanks

Ian

This is on the list of things to be added in a future release.

For now, there is a slightly inconvenient solution that another user has suggested. He keeps his recent albums under a "Recent" folder and the older ones under a "Main" folder. You can use the [folder view] selection to select the "Recent" folder, then use the "Tag View" selection from this folder to see the normal MinimServer tag view of all the recent albums.

RE: Listing New tracks - Oroperplex - 19-10-2012 17:33

(19-10-2012 16:52)brenin Wrote:  Is there any way for me to config the filters etc to allow me to list the most recent , say 100 albums that have been added to my music library?

That would be also a wish from me. It could be solved when it will be possible to sort the "folders view" through variable "amendment date"

RE: Listing New tracks - simoncn - 19-10-2012 17:40

(19-10-2012 17:33)Oroperplex Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 16:52)brenin Wrote:  Is there any way for me to config the filters etc to allow me to list the most recent , say 100 albums that have been added to my music library?

That would be also a wish from me. It could be solved when it will be possible to sort the "folders view" through variable "amendment date"

This would work only if you have every album in its own folder, with all these folders underneath a single parent folder. Many people don't organise their library like this, so I think there needs to be a way to search the whole library for recently added albums.

RE: Listing New tracks - bryanjan - 25-10-2012 14:07

This is the most wanted feature, one more vote for that.

Bryan

RE: Listing New tracks - rb73 - 28-10-2012 16:06

Another vote for this feature from me.

Ideally it would show (at least) the 25 or so most recently added albums. IIRC Twonky could show the most recently added tracks, but that didn't really give me a good overview.

JW

RE: Listing New tracks - whgmkeller - 30-01-2013 17:40

Here's another vote for this feature !!
Simon, I really hope we get this functionality in version 0.64 :-)

Greetz, Willem

RE: Listing New tracks - Billzab - 30-01-2013 20:38

Yes, this would be a great new feature, but not before minimserver is available on ReadyNAS duo v2Big Grin.

Meanwhile, I have a folder called 0-New and put my new stuff in there. The leading zero keeps it top of the list in folder view and this works for me. I then move them out to the main folder once they are no longer new in my mind.

Bill.

RE: Listing New tracks - whgmkeller - 30-01-2013 20:47

Isn't there a tag like "date added" that could be indexed in Minimserver?

Willem

RE: Listing New tracks - bbrip - 30-01-2013 21:02

(30-01-2013 20:47)whgmkeller Wrote:  Isn't there a tag like "date added" that could be indexed in Minimserver?

Willem

There isnt unless you choose to tag it that way.