MinimServer Forum
MinimWatch does not reconnect after PC hibernate - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: MinimWatch does not reconnect after PC hibernate (/showthread.php?tid=1300)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: MinimWatch does not reconnect after PC hibernate - simoncn - 30-01-2014 10:46

(29-01-2014 15:43)RSJ Wrote:  OK... Sleep is a power option - the machine automatically sleeps after a certain period of time. Hibernate appear on the shutdown menu. They seem to function as you suggest. MinimWatch does not seem to restart after either process.

MinimWatch update 14 is now available. Pleaase apply this update and try doing a Refresh in MinimWatch after resuming from sleep or hibernation. Does this fix the problem?

RE: MinimWatch does not reconnect after PC hibernate - RSJ - 01-02-2014 12:25

Have just installed the update. Hibernated the PC... restarted... icon blue/grey... 'Refresh'... icon still blue/grey...

So, no change with latest update.

RE: MinimWatch does not reconnect after PC hibernate - RSJ - 01-02-2014 12:27

Two minutes later... MinimWatch has connected!

RE: MinimWatch does not reconnect after PC hibernate - simoncn - 01-02-2014 14:13

(01-02-2014 12:27)RSJ Wrote:  Two minutes later... MinimWatch has connected!

This is an improvement, but not exactly what I was hoping for. Please try doing a Refresh after resuming from hibernation, then wait about 10 seconds, then do another Refresh. Does the second Refresh find MinimServer?

RE: MinimWatch does not reconnect after PC hibernate - RSJ - 01-02-2014 14:29

On hibernating and then waking up the PC again, MinimServer reconnected without a refresh: success!

RE: MinimWatch does not reconnect after PC hibernate - simoncn - 01-02-2014 14:45

(01-02-2014 14:29)RSJ Wrote:  On hibernating and then waking up the PC again, MinimServer reconnected without a refresh: success!

I'm pleased to hear this. Let me know if you have any more issues with this.

RE: MinimWatch does not reconnect after PC hibernate - RSJ - 01-02-2014 15:51

Thank you for your help.

RE: MinimWatch does not reconnect after PC hibernate - RSJ - 03-02-2014 23:35

Have just restarted my machine after hibernate, but MinimServer did not re-awake; neither did it reconnect when I pressed refresh.

RE: MinimWatch does not reconnect after PC hibernate - simoncn - 04-02-2014 08:03

(03-02-2014 23:35)RSJ Wrote:  Have just restarted my machine after hibernate, but MinimServer did not re-awake; neither did it reconnect when I pressed refresh.

This might be a problem with your network adapter. I have seen something similar on my laptop, where the adapter didn't return to a fully functional state after a suspend and resume.

To diagnose the cause of the problem, I will need to see a debug log. Please do the following:

1) From the minim icon, select Options > Show log (watch)
2) In the MinimWatch log window, set the logging level to Debug
3) Leave the log window open
4) Hibernate the machine
5) Restart the machine and wait a few seconds to see if MinimWatch reconnects to MinimServer
6) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save the log data
7) Zip the saved log file and attach it to a post here

Many thanks!

RE: MinimWatch does not reconnect after PC hibernate - RSJ - 07-02-2014 11:03

Unfortunately, the problem is sporadic. After the last two times I hibernated my laptop, MinimWatch reconnected when the PC was restarted.