MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Which version of Java for Netgear Ready Nas Duo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a Netgear Ready Nas Duo:

My NAS:

Modell: ReadyNAS Duo [X-RAID]
Seriennummer: 24M4167A0079D
Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.12 [1.00a043]
Speicher: 256 MB [2.5-3-3-7]

What a version of Java do I need here?

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/e...ads/javase

/index.html

What a version for Minimserver?

ReadyNAS x86 or ReadyNAS ARM?

It would be great if someone can help me Wink

Greetings
Mirko
(20-10-2013 10:59)postmanmc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have a Netgear Ready Nas Duo:

My NAS:

Modell: ReadyNAS Duo [X-RAID]
Seriennummer: 24M4167A0079D
Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.12 [1.00a043]
Speicher: 256 MB [2.5-3-3-7]

What a version of Java do I need here?

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/e...ads/javase

/index.html

What a version for Minimserver?

ReadyNAS x86 or ReadyNAS ARM?

It would be great if someone can help me Wink

Greetings
Mirko

Unfortunately, your ReadyNAS Duo is too old to run either Java or MinimServer. MinimServer and Java are available for the ReadyNAS Duo v2 (ARM-based), but not the older v1 model (SPARC-based).
okay. thank you!
Hi there, just to clarify... There's no way of running this server on a readynas duo? Damn! I've just bought an M1 clic and have the inbuilt readynas server up and running with the mf app, however coming from jriver and that app, I'd like something a little smoother. I was thinking of trying minim server with the kinsky app as I thought that would work (kinsky doesn't appear to be finding my current server) I really don't wanna pay for twonky as i don't think I've read a single good thing about it. I am also thinking of giving plug player a try, but would like a better server initially. Is the asset server meant to be run with a PC on? I'm looking at getting away from the PC being switched on all the time and would just like a smooth streaming setup these days.

Any help would be great!

Cheers.
(17-12-2013 11:22)gypsykirk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, just to clarify... There's no way of running this server on a readynas duo? Damn! I've just bought an M1 clic and have the inbuilt readynas server up and running with the mf app, however coming from jriver and that app, I'd like something a little smoother. I was thinking of trying minim server with the kinsky app as I thought that would work (kinsky doesn't appear to be finding my current server) I really don't wanna pay for twonky as i don't think I've read a single good thing about it. I am also thinking of giving plug player a try, but would like a better server initially. Is the asset server meant to be run with a PC on? I'm looking at getting away from the PC being switched on all the time and would just like a smooth streaming setup these days.

Any help would be great!

Cheers.

If you have a Duo v1, this model is very old and I think your options for a media server are limited to the built-in server and Twonky. There is a version of Asset for Linux, but it won't run on the Duo v1.
Reference URL's