MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver 0.72 crashes nightly on ReadyNas Ultra+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(22-12-2013 17:53)rweten Wrote: [ -> ]...and the answer is no - with UPNP on again from yesterday, Minimserver crashed with same behaviour last night. R

If you haven't yet installed MinimServer 0.8.1, please try doing that.

Does the crash happen at a fairly predictable time each day? If so, please do the following before the crash is due to happen:

1) In the properties window, set the ohnet.debug property to 'All-Timer'

2) In the log window, set the logging level to Debug

3) Close the log window

After the crash, copy the minimserver.log file from the ReadyNAS 'backup' share (before you restart MinimServer). Zip the log file and upload it to my FTP server. I will send you a PM with the details for the FTP server.
(22-12-2013 21:49)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-12-2013 17:53)rweten Wrote: [ -> ]...and the answer is no - with UPNP on again from yesterday, Minimserver crashed with same behaviour last night. R

If you haven't yet installed MinimServer 0.8.1, please try doing that.

Does the crash happen at a fairly predictable time each day? If so, please do the following before the crash is due to happen:

1) In the properties window, set the ohnet.debug property to 'All-Timer'

2) In the log window, set the logging level to Debug

3) Close the log window

After the crash, copy the minimserver.log file from the ReadyNAS 'backup' share (before you restart MinimServer). Zip the log file and upload it to my FTP server. I will send you a PM with the details for the FTP server.

Hadn't realised there is a new release available - I'll try that and let you know if I still have problems. R
Just to report that the new release 0.8.1 has fixed the problem with nightly crashing of the server. I haven't had a problem for three days now. R
(27-12-2013 10:07)rweten Wrote: [ -> ]Just to report that the new release 0.8.1 has fixed the problem with nightly crashing of the server. I haven't had a problem for three days now. R

That's very good news. Smile
Problem is back again, unfortunately. That's two nights in a row the server has fallen over with same behaviour.

I've uploaded the debug log files from both the server and the Minimwatch app.

One other thing I should have mentioned - when I go into the ReadyNAS and stop the server, then restart it, Minimwatch then responds by turning from gray to yellow.

R
(01-01-2014 14:50)rweten Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is back again, unfortunately. That's two nights in a row the server has fallen over with same behaviour.

One other thing I should have mentioned - when I go into the ReadyNAS and stop the server, then restart it, Minimwatch then responds by turning from gray to yellow.

R

The yellow icon means that MinimServer is starting. You might need to leave it for some time to complete its startup. When startup is complete, the minim icon should change to green (transparent on Mac OS X).
(01-01-2014 14:50)rweten Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is back again, unfortunately. That's two nights in a row the server has fallen over with same behaviour.

R

From these logs, it looks like this may be the Vault problem described in this post. Do you have Vault enabled? If so, please try disabling it.
Simon, unfortunately no, Vault is not enabled (to be 100% clear, the box saying Enable ReadyNAS Vault Support is not checked).

Crashed again last night btw. The only other things worth mentioning was that when I did a clean install a few days ago and moved to 0.81, all was well for a few days. Then I got hit by Update 10 for MinimWatch, and Update 13 for MinimServer, and the problems started again.

Do you think I might try another clean install and see what effect it has?

R
(02-01-2014 19:39)rweten Wrote: [ -> ]Simon, unfortunately no, Vault is not enabled (to be 100% clear, the box saying Enable ReadyNAS Vault Support is not checked).

Crashed again last night btw. The only other things worth mentioning was that when I did a clean install a few days ago and moved to 0.81, all was well for a few days. Then I got hit by Update 10 for MinimWatch, and Update 13 for MinimServer, and the problems started again.

Do you think I might try another clean install and see what effect it has?

R

The logs show that something else on the NAS ended MinimServer by issuing a SIGKILL or SIGINT signal at approximately 06:31:25. Can you try disabling other services to find out which one is doing this? I don't think reinstalling MinimServer would make any difference, as the problem is external to MinimServer.
[/quote]

The logs show that something else on the NAS ended MinimServer by issuing a SIGKILL or SIGINT signal at approximately 06:31:25. Can you try disabling other services to find out which one is doing this? I don't think reinstalling MinimServer would make any difference, as the problem is external to MinimServer.
[/quote]

OK, thanks Simon. I'm also going to ask on the ReadyNAS Forum and see if this has occurred elsewhere.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's