MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Lumin Skips Each Track In Playlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 different servers which my music is stored on that the Lumin controls:

1- Synology 1511+ running MinimServer
2- Micro Vortexbox running Vortexbox

Lately I've noticed issues happening when I am using the Lumin app playing tracks on the Synology. After a period of time of not playing the Lumin is when the issues starts. Any tracks in the playlist are simply skipped till the end of the playlist. In other words if I have 10 tracks in the playlists it will try to play then go to the next track. I don't hear any audio during that time.

I don't have this problem with the Vortexbox.

I've tried stopping and starting MinimServer, MinimServer Auto Restart, and even restarting the Synology. Nothing changes and the playlist will not play. If I switch over to the Vortexbox all track play fine.

I should also mention I have another folder set up on the Synology that has SACD.iso files and I can play those just fine when using jRiver DoPE.

After switching back and forth from server to server that is when MinimServer starts to work again. I just can't figure out exactly what is triggering it to play ok again.
Any suggestions?

I am using the latest Lumin app and noticed it happening before the recent update as well.
Seems to be an issue with MinimServer rather than the Lumin but honestly not 100% sure on than.

If you need more info please let me know.
Thanks.
Your Synology has 2 LAN ports. You need this fix:

http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthread.php?tid=746
(09-09-2013 07:43)psme Wrote: [ -> ]Your Synology has 2 LAN ports. You need this fix:

http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthread.php?tid=746

Please try installing this test build and let us know whether it fixes the problem. Thanks!
(09-09-2013 08:36)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2013 07:43)psme Wrote: [ -> ]Your Synology has 2 LAN ports. You need this fix:

http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthread.php?tid=746

Please try installing this test build and let us know whether it fixes the problem. Thanks!

Just wanted to make sure I am understanding this correctly. The build I have currently installed is: MinimServer-0.72-x86.spk

When I open up MinimWatch, click Advance..., the ohnet.subnet field is already blank.

If correct I am having issues when using this current fix.
(09-09-2013 18:13)djvitamind Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to make sure I am understanding this correctly. The build I have currently installed is: MinimServer-0.72-x86.spk

When I open up MinimWatch, click Advance..., the ohnet.subnet field is already blank.

If correct I am having issues when using this current fix.

Please install the test build from this link from the other post. The test build is also named MinimServer-0.72-x86.spk, but the code has been updated. You should not set the ohnet.subnet property when using the test build.
I wanted to report back with my results.
I stopped both MinimServer and MinimServer Auto Restart.
Installed the test build named MinimServer-0.72-x86.spk
Started MinimServer and MinimServer Auto Restart.
Restarted my iPad Mini.
Started up Lumin.
Tracks in playlist kept skipping to the next track until 5 tracks into the playlist then it started to play.
I stopped and started the playlist again and got the exact same results.

I again stopped MinimServer and MinimServer Auto Restart and tried to play the playlist again and got the same results. For some reason it's skipping those 5 tracks when before it was skipping all tracks.

I opened up MinimWatch and remembered I had the ohnet.submet field filled in so I removed the values. Restarted MinimServer and all tracks are now playing in the playlist. This literally just happened moments ago and will update in 24 hours to make sure it will continue to play ok.

Thanks
Its been running for a good 2 days now and so far so good. Thanks again for the help.
(12-09-2013 17:48)djvitamind Wrote: [ -> ]Its been running for a good 2 days now and so far so good. Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for confirming that the test version has fixed the problem.
Reference URL's