MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver 0.72 and Qobuz files detection problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I'm running minimserver 0.72 on a synology 1512+ in order to read some AIFF files on a Lumin network Player.

The minimserver can detect most of my aiff files and read it but i recently discovered that album downloaded in AIFF on qobuz are not detected and added to minimserver library. No problem with my AIFF files coming from my albums ripped with DBPoweramp.

The qobuz files are perfectly seen and played trough the Synology embedded audio server.

Here is a snapshot of the log :
[Image: 341d.png]

DO you have any idea how to solve this problem ? a configuration problem from my side ?

Best regards
(02-07-2013 21:03)Patatorz Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I'm running minimserver 0.72 on a synology 1512+ in order to read some AIFF files on a Lumin network Player.

The minimserver can detect most of my aiff files and read it but i recently discovered that album downloaded in AIFF on qobuz are not detected and added to minimserver library. No problem with my AIFF files coming from my albums ripped with DBPoweramp.

The qobuz files are perfectly seen and played trough the Synology embedded audio server.

DO you have any idea how to solve this problem ? a configuration problem from my side ?

Best regards

Thanks for reporting this problem.

MinimServer is expecting the first chunk in an AIFF file to be a COMM chunk. If the file starts with some other chunk and has a COMM chunk later in the file, MinimServer treats this as an error. MinimServer should scan all chunks in the AIFF file until it finds a COMM chunk. I'll put a fix for this problem into the next release of MinimServer.
Thanks a lot for your quick answer. I'm happy that I helped to discover a bug but to be honnest I don't understand at all what is a chunk and a COMM Chunk :-) !
As it is a major problem for me, do you have an idea when this fix and the next release would be out ?

Best regards
For your information, "converting" the AIFF Qobuz downloaded files in AIFF with DBPoweramp make the files recognized in minimserver : but it is not a solution according to the numerous album downloaded from qobuz.
(02-07-2013 21:44)Patatorz Wrote: [ -> ]As it is a major problem for me, do you have an idea when this fix and the next release would be out ?

I can't give a date for the next release. I am working hard to complete it and make it available. My apologies for the inconvenience.
(02-07-2013 22:21)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2013 21:44)Patatorz Wrote: [ -> ]As it is a major problem for me, do you have an idea when this fix and the next release would be out ?

I can't give a date for the next release. I am working hard to complete it and make it available. My apologies for the inconvenience.
Any news concerning a fix for this bug?

Best regards
(11-07-2013 21:03)Patatorz Wrote: [ -> ]Any news concerning a fix for this bug?

Best regards

I've sent you a PM with a link to a test build that you can download and try.
Problem solved !!! :-)
(14-07-2013 11:22)Patatorz Wrote: [ -> ]Problem solved !!! :-)

Hell, the problem just came back with the 0.72.1 . I installed this latest version because I use a 2 port synology (DS1512)

Could you help me please ?

Best regards
(06-10-2013 11:03)Patatorz Wrote: [ -> ]Hell, the problem just came back with the 0.72.1 . I installed this latest version because I use a 2 port synology (DS1512)

Could you help me please ?

Best regards

The 0.72.1 version is an update of 0.72 with the Synology 2-port fix only. It doesn't have any other fixes or changes.

I suggest you go back to the previous patched version of 0.72 that I sent you, and apply the ohnet.subnet workaround for the Synology 2-port issue.

The next release will contain both these fixes, as well as a number of other changes.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's