MinimServer Forum

Full Version: I can't listen FLACs on NAS extension Qnap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everibody,
I have a QNap model TS 251+ NAS since 2019 and can play FLAC music files using MinimServer.The hard drives of the QNap TS 251+ NAS will soon be full. Also I recently bought an extension of the same QNap brand, the TR-002 model, which is connected to the NAS by a USB3 socket.
I can now access the hard drives of the QNap TR-002 extension through the file explorer on my Windows 10 PC. However, I cannot access the music files on the extension and cannot listen to them. I can't access it.
On the NAS too I also had to download in addition to the download on my PC MinimServer .
What would I need to do to be able to play the music files that are on the QNap TR-002 extension?
Should MinimServer be installed on the QNap TR-002 extension?
Could I add the QNap TR-002 location to the current MinimServer analysis location and how?
Can you tell me how to proceed to be able to play the FLAC music files that are on the QNap TR-002 extension?
Thank you in advance for your solutions.
Are you running MinimServer on your Windows PC, on your QNAP NAS, or on both?

In Windows File Explorer, what do you see as the path to the files on the NAS HDDs? Also, in Windows File Explorer, what do you see as the path to the files on the TR-002?
(23-06-2022 19:35)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Are you running MinimServer on your Windows PC, on your QNAP NAS, or on both?

In Windows File Explorer, what do you see as the path to the files on the NAS HDDs? Also, in Windows File Explorer, what do you see as the path to the files on the TR-002?

Hello,
I order my disk list or Disk Library from a Linn app which is the brand of my FLACs player and from my Windows 10 PC. But with MinimServer.
The MinimServer executable can be found on both the NAS and the PC and even also on the QNap TR002 extension.
The NAS FLACs are in the "Multimedia" folder and the Qnap extension FLACs are in the "TR002deBZ" folder as you can see on the screenshot in the attached document.
Thank you
Thanks for this information. Do you have MinimWatch running on your Windows PC? If so, please select Properties from the MinimWatch icon in the Windows system tray and post a screenshot of what you see in the Properties window.
(03-07-2022 20:36)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this information. Do you have MinimWatch running on your Windows PC? If so, please select Properties from the MinimWatch icon in the Windows system tray and post a screenshot of what you see in the Properties window.

Hello,
MinimWatch is not installed, neither on my Windows 10 PC nor on the Qnap NAS, nor on the Qnap TR-002 extension.
Regards
To see your TR-002 files in MinimServer, you need to install MinimWatch on your Windows PC and use MinimWatch to set a second content directory for the TR-002. For details of how to install and start MinimWatch, see this page.

When MinimWatch is running, you will see a small green minim icon (musical note) in the Windows system tray (bottom right of the desktop). Right-click this icon and select Properties. In the Properties dialog, look for the contentDir field. This should be set to /share/Multimedia.

Click the + button next to this field to add a second contentDir field. In this field, type the value /share/TR002deBZ and then click the OK button. Right-click the system tray minim icon again and select Rescan. When the rescan completes, you should see your TR-002 files in MinimServer.
(05-07-2022 09:13)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]To see your TR-002 files in MinimServer, you need to install MinimWatch on your Windows PC and use MinimWatch to set a second content directory for the TR-002. For details of how to install and start MinimWatch, see this page.

When MinimWatch is running, you will see a small green minim icon (musical note) in the Windows system tray (bottom right of the desktop). Right-click this icon and select Properties. In the Properties dialog, look for the contentDir field. This should be set to /share/Multimedia.

Click the + button next to this field to add a second contentDir field. In this field, type the value /share/TR002deBZ and then click the OK button. Right-click the system tray minim icon again and select Rescan. When the rescan completes, you should see your TR-002 files in MinimServer.
(07-07-2022 22:32)Bertrand Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2022 09:13)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]To see your TR-002 files in MinimServer, you need to install MinimWatch on your Windows PC and use MinimWatch to set a second content directory for the TR-002. For details of how to install and start MinimWatch, see this page.

Thank you for your directions.

I successfully installed MinimWatch on my Windows 10 PC. On the Minimserver icon, I added in Server properties ContentDir /share/TR002deBZ as indicated. I then clicked Rescan.
The MinimWatch icon on the desktop being always gray, I tried as indicated.

10 If MinimServer is running on another computer or NAS but the MinimWatch minim icon remains grey, you might need to update your Windows firewall settings. In the list of inbound rules, there should be entries to allow TCP and UDP access for Java™ Platform SE binary.

You will see in the attached document the Windows firewall.
Authorized apps and features in the Windows firewall : Java ™ Platform SE binary for private network
But the MinimWatch icon on the desktop is always grey. I it’s still impossible to reach TR002deBZ music.
Thank you in advance for your additional information.
Bertrand
Are you sure your Windows setting for the network type is Private? If this is set to Public, your firewall settings will block access to MinimWatch.

Also, I am not sure what you mean by this:

Quote:On the Minimserver icon, I added in Server properties ContentDir /share/TR002deBZ as indicated. I then clicked Rescan. The MinimWatch icon on the desktop being always gray, I tried as indicated.

You should be running MinimWatch on your Windows PC and running MinimServer on your QNAP NAS. If your Windows network type setting is correct, MinimWatch should show a green icon on your Windows PC where you can add /share/TR002deBZ to contentDir. You will not be able to add /share/TR002deBZ to MinimServer running on your PC because this is not a valid directory name for Windows.
(08-07-2022 09:29)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure your Windows setting for the network type is Private? If this is set to Public, your firewall settings will block access to MinimWatch.

Also, I am not sure what you mean by this:

Quote:On the Minimserver icon, I added in Server properties ContentDir /share/TR002deBZ as indicated. I then clicked Rescan. The MinimWatch icon on the desktop being always gray, I tried as indicated.

You should be running MinimWatch on your Windows PC and running MinimServer on your QNAP NAS. If your Windows network type setting is correct, MinimWatch should show a green icon on your Windows PC where you can add /share/TR002deBZ to contentDir. You will not be able to add /share/TR002deBZ to MinimServer running on your PC because this is not a valid directory name for Windows.

Hello,
However even though MinimWatch is grey, I can still access and play the FLAC files that are on TR002deBZ. On the Linn brand playback application, by going to Library\ MinimServer NAS2488C9 \ Folder view\ TR002deBZ\ MusiqueFLACdeTR002 I can choose the artist and the disc I want to listen to.
In "Folder View" I now see the "Multimedia" folder which corresponds to the QNap NAS and the « TR002deBZ » folder in which the music stored on the QNap TR-002 extension is located.
This is what I have been looking to do for at least two weeks and now it is possible.
I can now listen to FLAC files that are on the QNap TR-002 extension.
So thank you for your valuable insights.
Thanks a lot.
Bertrand
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's