MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Your License Has Expired
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was listening to Radio on my Linn system through a playlist radio URL when it stopped just before 8pm.

As I was sitting at my PC, tried to restart the stream but no success.
Then I noticed the MinimWatch icon for my Melco instance was red and saying that my license had expired. Well I knew it hadn't as I recently renewed it.
I then took a look at the web page for the Melco instance, see below
[attachment=2504]
I tried a rescan but that didn't seem to run, so shutdown the Melco and restarted.
All now working fine.
I don't remember having to do this last year but then maybe I'd shutdown the Melco and restarted it after renewing the license and before it expired.
When your license expiry date for updates and MinimStreamer is extended, you need to restart MinimServer to update it to use the new expiry date. This is mentioned in the email you received when your license was extended:

Thank you for renewing your license extension for MinimServer 2 updates and MinimStreamer. The extended expiry date of 4 February 2023 will be activated automatically when MinimServer is next restarted.

Perhaps this could be slightly reworded to make it clearer, something like this:

Thank you for renewing your license extension for MinimServer 2 updates and MinimStreamer. You need to restart MinimServer to activate the extended expiry date of 4 February 2023.
I need to read your important emails more carefully in future.

I guess it’s the same as reading manuals, not something that always comes naturally Rolleyes

I do think the reworded version makes it stand out better
I need to write more carefully as well. Put the important part first and use active instead of passive voice. I have changed the wording for future confirmation emails.
Reference URL's