MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimwatch install problem on Windows 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone.
I am trying to install minimwatch on a Win7 64 bits laptop. I have the 64 bits version of Java installed. After installing the 64 bits version of minimwatch, there is no executable file in the program's folder. The shortcut points to minimwatch.jar. Not surprisingly, Windows tells me it doesn't know how to run this program.

Any idea ?

(I tried installing both as limited and admin)
(05-06-2013 08:07)Mordac Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone.
I am trying to install minimwatch on a Win7 64 bits laptop. I have the 64 bits version of Java installed. After installing the 64 bits version of minimwatch, there is no executable file in the program's folder. The shortcut points to minimwatch.jar. Not surprisingly, Windows tells me it doesn't know how to run this program.

Any idea ?

(I tried installing both as limited and admin)

Check the file associations in Control Panel > Default Programs. When you installed Java, this should have created an association from the .jar file extension to the Java (TM) Platform SE Binary. See the attached screenshot for an example.

If you don't have this association on your system, you can fix it either by reinstalling Java or by using the jarfix utility (available from this page).
thanks ! it works fine after jarfix. I had to re-install Java 64 bits.
Reference URL's