MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Synology DSM7.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A strange one, I recently updated the operating system on my synology DS118 to the DSM7.0.1. Having done this I installed Minimserver 2.0.18-2003 on testing everything was working fine with my streamer (MOON180) accessing files and playing them with no problem. Minimwatch running on a MAC indicates that minim server is running and will rescan normally.

The problem is that if I go into the synology package file, minimserver is shown as manually stopped, if I hit the RUN button it briefly runs and then goes back to manually stopped, but it clearly is running.

Any ideas what is happening here.
This problem is fixed in Minimserver 2.1. You need to download this from the MinimServer Downloads page and do a manual install in Package Center. For detailed instructions, see this section.
Hi thanks for prompt response, I have now installed Minimserver 2.1 and the same thing is happening. It is all working fine except that the Synology package centre lists Minimserver as "manually Stopped" when I hit RUN it shows Minimserver as running for about 30seconds and then goes to manually stopped, but it is still working and Minimwatch says its running. very strange.
Thanks for letting me know. Which volume did you use when you installed MinimServer on DSM 6 and which volume did you use when you installed MinimServer on DSM 7?
volume1 for both, haven't changed any of the settings so the configuration is the same for DSM7 as it was for DSM6.
Thanks for this. This means it isn't the same as the previous "manually stopped" problem that I fixed.

If you are able to login to a terminal window on the Synology using putty or similar, please run the following command and post the output here.

Code:
export SYNOPKG_PKGNAME=MinimServer && sh -x /var/packages/MinimServer/scripts/start-stop-status status
Hi sorry but I am having problems doing this, I am not strong on IT operations. My computers are MAC I have tried following directions for using mac terminal client but so far have not succeeeded in being able to access my synology NAS. I will continue to look for help on this and let you know if successful.
Thanks very much for your willingness to help resolve this issue.

Before you can login to the Synology DSM terminal window, you need to go to DSM Control Panel and select Terminal and SNMP. On the Terminal tab, put a check mark next to Enable SSH service and click Apply.

You also need to know the IP address of your NAS. You can find this by selecting Network from DSM Control Panel. On the Network Interface tab, you will find the IP address next to LAN 1. On my NAS it is 192.168.0.20.

You should now be able to login from your Mac by opening a Terminal window and typing the command:

Code:
ssh -l username x.x.x.x

with username replaced with your Synology NAS username and x.x.x.x replaced with the IP address of your NAS. If you receive a message about authenticity and asking if you want to continue connecting, enter 'yes'. Now enter your password and you should see something like this:

Code:
Synology strongly advises you not to run commands as the root user, who has
the highest privileges on the system. Doing so may cause major damages
to the system. Please note that if you choose to proceed, all consequences are
at your own risk.

Could not chdir to home directory /var/services/homes/username: No such file or directory

You can now copy and paste the command into the Terminal window by highlighting the following text and typing Command+C, then clicking on the Terminal window and typing Command+V.

Code:
export SYNOPKG_PKGNAME=MinimServer && sh -x /var/packages/MinimServer/scripts/start-stop-status status

It is best not to try retyping the command as it is easy to mistype something accidentally. After this, press the Return key.

The Terminal window should now contain the command output (about 25 lines of text). Please copy this text and paste it into a post here.

To logout from the DSM terminal session, type 'exit' and press the Return key.

Many thanks for your help with this.
Those are the instructions I have been following the problem comes to password stage, I cannot get it accept a password. The password I use is the one I use to access the server with full admin rights. I have tried copy and pasting but nothing happens.
(11-01-2022 17:26)Bronx54 Wrote: [ -> ]Those are the instructions I have been following the problem comes to password stage, I cannot get it accept a password. The password I use is the one I use to access the server with full admin rights. I have tried copy and pasting but nothing happens.

Just type your password and hit <Enter>: you're in.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's