MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver 2 doesn't start when Fedora 35 starts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Ive installed Minimserver 2.1 without problem on Fedora Server 35 headless.
I have enabled autostart but Minimserver doesn't start when Fedora starts.

So I have create a service file minimserver.service in etc/systemd/system but Minimserver doesn' start.
Here is the result of ^C
[root@00-A0-C9-01-03-35 ~]# systemctl status minimserver.service:

× minimserver.service - minimserver 2
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/minimserver.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2021-12-25 20:16:07 CET; 17s ago
Process: 3266 ExecStart=/opt/minimserver/bin/startd (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 3266 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
CPU: 61ms

déc. 25 20:16:06 00-A0-C9-01-03-35 systemd[1]: Starting minimserver 2...
déc. 25 20:16:07 00-A0-C9-01-03-35 startd[3301]: /opt/minimserver/bin/startd: ligne 164: java : command not found
déc. 25 20:16:07 00-A0-C9-01-03-35 systemd[1]: minimserver.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
déc. 25 20:16:07 00-A0-C9-01-03-35 systemd[1]: minimserver.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
déc. 25 20:16:07 00-A0-C9-01-03-35 systemd[1]: Failed to start minimserver 2.

I have tried to use rc.local but I get the same error.
Do you have an idea or a solution?
Many thanks in advance.
Hi,

Finally, it seems that there is no solution to get autostart for minimserver 2 with fedora.
In fact adding correct Environnement in the minimserver.service file I have been able to start minimserver with the command "systemctl start minimserver" but on Fedora startup no way to get minimserver starting.
I've had enough for it and I'installed Ubuntu Server 20.04.
This line:

déc. 25 20:16:07 00-A0-C9-01-03-35 startd[3301]: /opt/minimserver/bin/startd: ligne 164: java : command not found

means the PATH setting at startup does not include the java executable (needed to run MinimServer). You might be able to solve this by putting a link to the java executable in /usr/local/bin or /usr/bin. If you can solve this, enabling autostart in minimserver/bin/setup should work.
Hi Simon,
it is exactly what I've done but and it solves the problem when I type systemctl start minimserver.
But for an obscure reason minimserver does't start at fedora startup.
On Ubuntu server 20.4 everything works fine and a Real Time Kernel is available.
But as I have activated my 5 licences (I forgot to deactivate them when I uninstall then reinstall OS), I'm now using minimserver in demo version. :-(
I installed Fedora 35 to find out what is causing this. The problem is caused by SELinux preventing access to various resources needed by minimserver.service when minimserver.service is run at system startup.

As a workaround, I edited the /etc/selinux/config file to change SELINUX=enforcing to SELINUX=permissive. This enables MinimServer autostart to work correctly.

I tried to find the correct SELinux settiings that would enable the access permissions needed by minimserver.service without making the whole system permissive but I was not successful. Any suggestions from SELinux experts would be appreciated.
Reference URL's