MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver keeps on stopping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon

I know it is not a good day for debugging; but no worries I am not in a hurry.

For the second time, I see that after some moment without listening music, minimserver just stops, and I must relauch it manually. I did not find anything in the logs (unless there are some log somewhere which I don't know).

This on a DS418 play, DSM 7.0.1-42218, minimserver 2.1 update 208; minimstreamer 2.0.9

Anyway, merry Xmas above all, this can wait !!!

Have fun, drink champagne, and cheers to l'entente cordiale, above all our politicians !!
This morning again, minimserver was stopped.

How can I debug ? I have been looking at synology logs in /var/log but I found nothing

Thx !!!
How do you know MinimServer has stopped? Are you unable to view the configuration status page?

Please post the minimserver.log and minimserver-out.log files immediately after you see the problem and before restarting MinimServer.
(27-12-2021 10:39)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know MinimServer has stopped? Are you unable to view the configuration status page?

Please post the minimserver.log and minimserver-out.log files immediately after you see the problem and before restarting MinimServer.

Hi Simon,

When I connect to my synology, in the package list, minimserver is shown as stopped. I therefore can even not access to the config page, and minimwatch does not connect. I have to relaunch it

So logs attached; but I am not sure if they were before or after I restarted...

I'll check next time.

Thx !
Everything in these logs looks normal. There is nothing showing that MinimServer has stopped.

A Java or ohNet crash could possibly cause MinimServer to stop abruptly with no log messages. What other files are in the MinimServer/appData folder? For example, are there any files whose names start with hs_err?
(27-12-2021 11:49)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Everything in these logs looks normal. There is nothing showing that MinimServer has stopped.

A Java or ohNet crash could possibly cause MinimServer to stop abruptly with no log messages. What other files are in the MinimServer/appData folder? For example, are there any files whose names start with hs_err?

This is the content of appData folder

so far, no stop as of today
Thanks for this. There are no files in appData that would provide additional information. Have you looked in the system log for error messages? If there are no messages there, I don't have any more ideas about how to find the cause.
(28-12-2021 18:11)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this. There are no files in appData that would provide additional information. Have you looked in the system log for error messages? If there are no messages there, I don't have any more ideas about how to find the cause.

Yes I looked at system logs, but found nothing...

Anyway, that's life...
Reference URL's