MinimServer Forum

Full Version: How to update to 2.1 on Synology DS214SE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have MinimServer 2.0.18 update 201 running on my NAS and saw that 2.1 is out.

When I click through the directions I eventually find this instruction:

In Synology DSM, open the Package Center. Check that the MinimServer package in the Multimedia section has a version number starting with "2." and install this package. To update an existing MinimServer installation, click the Update button for the MinimServer entry in the Installed section. If you are running MinimServer 0.8 and the Update button is not shown, follow the instructions in the section Installing or updating MinimServer 2 using manual install.

When I visit the Package Center, MinimServer does not appear on the list with update buttons. The instructions don't tell me what to do in this case. Am I supposed to use manual install, even though I do not have 0.8 running? (Note that I'm running with the full license, if that matters.) My DSM is at the latest, which is still a 6.x version.
These instructions are out of date and I will update them soon. For MinimServer 2.1, you need to do a manual install.
(25-12-2021 12:31)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]These instructions are out of date and I will update them soon. For MinimServer 2.1, you need to do a manual install.

I did manage to update MinimWatch to 2.1 and I understand that MinimServer 2.1 isn't yet available on the Synology DSM Package Center, hence the need to Manual Install. I do not mind at all waiting for the automatic install, my question is :

when do you expect MinimServer 2.1 to become available on the Synology DSM Package Center ?

Many thanks for the excellent support

Eric
It is very hard to predict how soon this will happen. For the reasons why, see this post.
Reference URL's