MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Index Format ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to get a little more info added to my Album index, but I need a nudge in right direction. Right now the Album is an index and it shows up fine.

What Im trying to do is add the Album Artist and the Date to the Album Index. Right now 461 Ocean Boulevard is in the index, but Im not sure how to get Eric Clapton and the Date added to this display index...

This is my tag formatting;

Title.displayFormat={$Title^^, $location^^^, ^ $date^ [^]}, Album.displayFormat={$albumArtist^^: $album^^; ^ $date^ [^], $#audioquality}

This is tag options;
all.ignore.sort={The}, Album.sortTags={AlbumArtistSort, Artist, Album, Location, Comment}
The Album.displayFormat setting controls what is shown in "n albums". Is this what you mean by the Album index?
(20-12-2021 22:01)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The Album.displayFormat setting controls what is shown in "n albums". Is this what you mean by the Album index?
No,
I am looking at the results of selecting the Index for Albums...see screen shot. When I select this index, this is the result. I want to add the other items to this view from the Ocean Boulevard example.
Is there a reason you have created an Album index instead of using 'n albums'?

To format values in your Album index, you can use indexFormat instead of displayFormat but this has some limitations, notably the need to create a new index tag for the formatted value. See the Index tag formatting section for details.
Reference URL's