MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Select and View Profile not working in 2.1 (Synology DS218+)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I did a manual upgrade to MinimServer 2.1 on my Synology DS218+ and everything seems to be working fine with the server itself, but when I go to the Configuration page I can no longer switch between profiles under 'Select' and when I try to view the profile under the 'View' tab it does not show anything in the window. When I use MinimWatch to look at the Properties window everything is correct so the active profile isn't lost, I'm just unable to view it or switch to a different profile on the Configuration page.

Basically when I go to the Select tab and select a profile other than the active one the 'Select Profile' button stays greyed out so I can't change it, and when I go to the 'View' tab and select any of the profiles nothing shows up in the window. I only have two profiles, one named MyProfile and the default profile.

Is anyone else seeing this same behavior?
It works as expected here on Intel/Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
(20-12-2021 17:00)stefano_mbp Wrote: [ -> ]It works as expected here on Intel/Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Hm, thanks for the feedback, maybe it's a Synology thing.

One thing I forgot to mention in the initial post is that I'm on DSM 7.
Everything is fine for me on my Synology NAS using DSM 7.

If you open File Station, are your profiles in the MinimServer/etc/profiles folder and do they look correct there?

If you check Properties > Permission for this folder, does the MinimServer user have Read access?
(20-12-2021 17:52)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Everything is fine for me on my Synology NAS using DSM 7.

If you open File Station, are your profiles in the MinimServer/etc/profiles folder and do they look correct there?

If you check Properties > Permission for this folder, does the MinimServer user have Read access?
Yes the contents of the .profile file looks correct and the MinimServer user has read access to MinimServer/etc/profiles. I even removed MinimServer completely from the NAS and did a fresh install, and I'm still seeing the same issues.
Are there any error messages in the MinimServer log?
(20-12-2021 22:03)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any error messages in the MinimServer log?
No error messages in the log. But I did discover that when I look at the Configuration page in Firefox everything works as expected. I only seem to have the problem when I use Chrome (I haven't tested any browsers other than those two). So maybe it's a Chrome issue.
What device are you using to run Chrome? Are you on the latest version?
(21-12-2021 10:55)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]What device are you using to run Chrome? Are you on the latest version?

I'm using my home PC with Windows 10. It says it's up to date with the latest build: 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit).

After some more investigation I found that it works correctly if I view the Configuration page in an Incognito window in Chrome, just not in a regular window. I tried turning off all of my extensions in a regular Chrome window to see if one of them was a problem and I still saw the issue.

Not sure what this all means, but at least I have a way of making changes if I need to. Oh I also tried it in Chrome on a MacBook and it worked fine.

Thanks for all of your work on this new version! The Recently Added feature is fantastic.
I have it working OK in a normal window. Must be some Chrome setting but can't think which one.

Chrome is up to date: Version 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's