MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Synology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(07-06-2013 15:31)mbovaird Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I did not have to re-enable the user home service. On the good news, the Marantz now sees "minimserver", I can select an artist, album, etc. and play it. GREAT and it sounds great! BUT - no DSD (DSF) files work. When I try to select one, it won't engage. The player is fully DSD compatible.

It's good to know that it works now. From this point, it is hard to tell what may have caused the previous problem. The installation worked as expected this time.
This thread became quite mixed up now. Concerning your renderer not playing special files, I suggest to start a new thread.
Quick update: it will play these .aif files which are left over (created by) Audirvana+ on my Mac downstairs (Audirvana needs to create an AIF file to access the DSF file). But, it won't play the actual DSF file. Is this supposed to be this way or should it be able to access and play the real .DSF (DSD) file?
Thanks for all your help guys! But, it just stopped working and when it was working it would start a song and then restart it. But thanks again....I'm not sure I have the patience to continue.
(07-06-2013 16:31)mbovaird Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all your help guys! But, it just stopped working and when it was working it would start a song and then restart it. But thanks again....I'm not sure I have the patience to continue.

Please stay with it. We are extremely grateful for all your help with improving MinimServer and making it easier to install. Smile

This problem (stopped working) is a known issue with 2-port Synology models. The solution is to set the ohnet.subnet property on the MinimWatch advanced properties page. From the previous log file that you provided when running MinimServer on your Windows PC, the value you should use is 192.168.1.0. After setting this property value, select Restart from the minim icon, and this should solve the problem.
(07-06-2013 15:45)mbovaird Wrote: [ -> ]Quick update: it will play these .aif files which are left over (created by) Audirvana+ on my Mac downstairs (Audirvana needs to create an AIF file to access the DSF file). But, it won't play the actual DSF file. Is this supposed to be this way or should it be able to access and play the real .DSF (DSD) file?

Does the Marantz support streaming DSF files from a UPnP server? Some players (e.g., OPPO) support playing these files from a USB-attached drive but don't support streaming them across the network.

If the Marantz supports network streaming of DSF files, it should work with MinimServer. I'll do some web searching to try to find out more about whether the Marantz supports UPnP streaming of DSD files.
(07-06-2013 18:10)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Does the Marantz support streaming DSF files from a UPnP server? Some players (e.g., OPPO) support playing these files from a USB-attached drive but don't support streaming them across the network.

If the Marantz supports network streaming of DSF files, it should work with MinimServer. I'll do some web searching to try to find out more about whether the Marantz supports UPnP streaming of DSD files.

I couldn't find an online user manual for the Marantz. I found a white paper with information about how to play DSD files from a USB drive. I also found that the Marantz supports DoP (DSD over PCM). You could try enabling this in MinimServer by setting the transcode property to dopwav. If you do this, DSF files will be transcoded automatically to DoP/WAV format when they are streamed to the Marantz. Please let me know whether this setting enables the Marantz to play your DSF files.
I will try some of your suggestions. Thanks again for all your help.
(07-06-2013 22:38)mbovaird Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the online manual: http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/...Manual.pdf

Thanks for this link!

I found this on page 2:

Playback of DSD file
This unit can play the DSD file via USB Type B.

My interpretation of this is that the player isn't able to stream DSD files across the network. Sad

Can you contact Marantz to confirm this limitation?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's