MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Synology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(29-05-2013 08:03)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-05-2013 23:44)mbovaird Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I waited and it turned to green! Now my Marantz can see the minimserver. I see Albums, artists, etc. BUT, still no files play. Hmmmm....

Mike

This is good progress. You will find that subsequent restarts are much quicker because of the cache that MinimServer uses for audio file data.

The next step is to find out what's causing the problem with the Marantz.

What file types are you unable to play on the Marantz (e.g., FLAC, MP3, MP4, AIFF, ALAC)?

Does your PC have multiple active network adapters on different subnets?

Please create a trace log by doing the following:

1) Power off the Marantz
2) From the minim icon, change the logging level to Trace
3) Power on the Marantz and browse to an audio file
4) Attempt to play the audio file
5) From the minim icon, click 'Save as' to save the log file
6) From the minim icon, change the logging level back to Info
7) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here, together with the name of the file that failed to play

Thanks!

Hi Simon,

I did as you instructed. The song was Rolling In The Deep by Adele from her "21" album.

Mike
(29-05-2013 15:13)mbovaird Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

I did as you instructed. The song was Rolling In The Deep by Adele from her "21" album.

Mike

Thanks for this. I have an idea what might be causing the problem. I will send you a PM with a link to a test build for Windows that may fix this issue.
(29-05-2013 17:13)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

Mike

Thanks for this. I have an idea what might be causing the problem. I will send you a PM with a link to a test build for Windows that may fix this issue.

Thanks Simon!!!
(29-05-2013 17:13)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

Mike

Hi Simon - I tried the new file you sent me. Same issue. Log attached.

Thanks!

Mike
(29-05-2013 17:52)mbovaird Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon - I tried the new file you sent me. Same issue. Log attached.

Thanks!

Mike

Thanks for the quick reply.

For some reason, MinimServer is receiving "browse" requests from the Marantz, but it isn't receiving any "play" requests. I can't see any problem with the data that MinimServer is returning in response to the "browse" requests.

Do you have a firewall running on the PC? If so, please disable this temporarily and let me know if this makes any difference.
(29-05-2013 17:52)mbovaird Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon - I tried the new file you sent me. Same issue. Log attached.

Thanks!

Mike

Hey Mike --

I was thinking about getting one of those new Marantz players. Please let us know if you get it to work with MinimServer, and what you think about the sound quality and other features.

Thanks - David
(29-05-2013 19:12)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks!

Mike

Thanks for the quick reply.

For some reason, MinimServer is receiving "browse" requests from the Marantz, but it isn't receiving any "play" requests. I can't see any problem with the data that MinimServer is returning in response to the "browse" requests.

Do you have a firewall running on the PC? If so, please disable this temporarily and let me know if this makes any difference.

Hi Simon - I checked and I believe my firewall is off. See attached. Sorry, I'm not a Windows guy. I find Windows 8 extremely frustrating to say the least.

Mike
(01-06-2013 18:16)magister Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks!

Mike

Hey Mike --

I was thinking about getting one of those new Marantz players. Please let us know if you get it to work with MinimServer, and what you think about the sound quality and other features.

Thanks - David

David - its great. I've been breaking mine in for 24 hours a day for about 9 days now. It has totally smoothed out. I am currently running a CAPS 3.0 into it (and JRiver). I have a Synology 1812+ NAS. Would love to bypass the CAPS 3.0 all together....hmmm....no luck so far. The only downside is that the ipad apps for NAS-->music server kind of suck. JRemote spoils you.

I prefer the Mac Mini/Apple Remote setup, but there is no denying that the CAPS 3.0 sounds better. Much better. ARGH.

I also did have the Red Wine PS and it did improve things, but I ended up returning it because it was more of a pain then it was worth. I kept forgetting to flip the switch!

Back to spinning some vinyl while I wait for Simon's response. Smile

Mike
(02-06-2013 18:09)mbovaird Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon - I checked and I believe my firewall is off. See attached. Sorry, I'm not a Windows guy. I find Windows 8 extremely frustrating to say the least.

Mike

The screenshot shows the following:

Incoming connections: Block all connections to apps that are not on the list of allowed apps

This might be the cause of the problem. If so, you would need to either disable incoming connection blocking or add Java to the list of allowed apps. I suggest you start by disabling incoming connection blocking to see whether this solves the problem.

I'm using Windows 7, so I'm unable to give you specific instructions for how to do this on Windows 8. On my machine, selecting Advanced Settings > Inbound Rules gives me the attached screenshot. I'm running with the Windows firewall enabled.

One more thought: do you have any other firewall or antivirus software running on the machine? If so, you could try disabling it to see if this helps.
Simon - I checked and I don't even have Java running. But I specifically recall completing that step. OK....should I be running Java 6 or Java 7? If it is Java 6 - where can I download it? If I go to the ORACLE website, it's like a maze. I can't seem to find it. Thanks for your help!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's