MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Accented characters in filenames prevent index to finnish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Support,
After updating MinimServer to v2.1 scanning the library fails on characters like é, ç, etc, and also on some cyrillic characters. Example:
java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Malformed input or input contains unmappable characters: 0/Мумии Тролль/Морская/01 Вдруг ушли поезда.flac

java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Malformed input or input contains unmappable characters: j/Julien Clerc/Julien Clerc Het Beste Van (P)1990/01 Helène.flac
Enclosed the scanning debug file.

Thanks for the help,
Guy
There was no file attached to your post.

What device are you using to run MinimServer? What do you see in the MinimServer log for the platform default charset? This should be very near the start of the log.

Problems like this are usually caused by copying a file from one device to another when the devices involved are using different character sets for flienames. For example, copying a file from Windows to a Linux-based device such as a NAS can cause this error depending on how the copying was done.
Dear Simon,
I try again to post the log.
The files were indeed copied form mac to linux running on an older cubieboard 4, without maintained support. The previous version of minimserver did not have this issue.
MinimServer 2.1 update 206, Copyright © 2012-2021 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
MinimStreamer 2.0.9, Copyright © 2012-2021 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)
Platform default charset is US-ASCII
System platform is linux-armhf
Using platform default language English (en-US)
Current time is Tue Jan 20 10:49:22 CET 1970 in time zone Europe/Amsterdam
starting MinimServer[Cubieboard8]

I will try to set the default charset to UTF-8. Thanks for the tip.
Thanks for this. I understand what is causing this error. I need to set up a machine with a similar configuration to yours so that I can test a fix. I will post back here when I have more news, probably tomorrow.
I have not been able to reproduce this problem on my test setup (using US-ASCII and a similar filename to yours). Did changing the default charset to UTF-8 solve it for you?
Dear Simon,
I have not been able to change the locale, I get lots of dependency errors when trying to update some packages needed to change the locale. I think the issue has more to do with my old system then with current minimserver. I will try a clean os install, and if that fails bin the board.
Thanks again for the help, consider my issue as solved.
When you reinstall, make sure you install the latest Java version. Your log shows you are currently using 1.8.0_101-b13 (released in July 2016). This is very old and might be the reason for the problem. The current version of Java 8 is 1.8.0_311-b11 (released in October 2021).
Reference URL's