MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Error when updating to MinimServer V2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I got notification this morning, of the v2.1 update. I downloaded the installer to my Windows 11 PC, and tried to apply the update. I let my updates coverage lapse in May, so I purchased the extension today.

The installer runs OK, but I get the following error when relaunching MinimServer:
Package 'minimserver-2.1' conflicts with updates expiry date '20210513'

I have tried several times to apply the update, and went so far as to uninstall the previous version, but to no avail. When I check the license tab under "Configure" in MinimServer, I get this report "java.lang.NullPointerException". I made no changes to Java on my PC prior to or after trying to apply the update.

At this point my server is dead in the water. Any suggestions on how I can get back on line?

Thanks.
The NullPointerException is caused by a bug in MinimServer. This should have produced a crash log file. If you are running MinimServer on a Windows PC, the crash log file is located in the folder

C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\data

and is named minimserver-crash-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.log where yyyymmdd-hhmmss indicates the date and time of the crash. Please post the crash log file here so that I can find and fix the problem. If you have more than one of these files, you only need to post one.

I have checked the license server database and this shows that your license extension has been activated successfully.
(17-12-2021 22:00)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The NullPointerException is caused by a bug in MinimServer. This should have produced a crash log file. If you are running MinimServer on a Windows PC, the crash log file is located in the folder

C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\data

and is named minimserver-crash-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.log where yyyymmdd-hhmmss indicates the date and time of the crash. Please post the crash log file here so that I can find and fix the problem. If you have more than one of these files, you only need to post one.

I have checked the license server database and this shows that your license extension has been activated successfully.

Hi,

I have attached the latest log file. I did manage to get back online, but I had to install V0.8 in order to stream again. I didn't have a copy of 2.0 installer available. Let me know if you need anything else from me, and thanks!
Thanks for the quick response. The log is very helpful and I see what sequence of events has caused this. I will let you know when a fix is available (should be a couple of days) and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.
(17-12-2021 22:53)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick response. The log is very helpful and I see what sequence of events has caused this. I will let you know when a fix is available (should be a couple of days) and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you.
The fix for this problem is available now in MinimServer update 207.
(22-12-2021 20:59)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The fix for this problem is available now in MinimServer update 207.
Hi Simon, Is there an updated installer that incorporates the fix? I re-downloaded the 2.1 installer today and am getting the same error. I attached the crash file for your reference.
This log shows you don't have update 207 installed. If you restart MinimServer with an internet connection available, update 207 should be downloaded and installed automatically. You can check this by selecting About from the minim icon in the Windows system tray (taskbar).
(23-12-2021 10:29)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]This log shows you don't have update 207 installed. If you restart MinimServer with an internet connection available, update 207 should be downloaded and installed automatically. You can check this by selecting About from the minim icon in the Windows system tray (taskbar).

Simon, I understand the 207 update isn't installed. I keep getting the license conflict message each time I try to upgrade. That was the original problem. Is there a way to force the license somehow? I have tried unsuccessfully to reapply my license to V2.1, but get the nullpointerexception when I view the license tab in Minimserver. I have attached several screen shots for you, including (1) the About Tab pop up screen, The Configure Screen view, and the License Tab view.
The second screenshot shows your updates license expired on 13th May. You need to purchase an updates extension before you can run MinimServer 2.1 with a full license.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's