MinimServer Forum

Full Version: strange behaviour recently added/played
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I installed 2.1 today , curious about the new recently added/played feature.
I noticed some strange behaviour.
Normally when selecting Artist>Album I see n-albumcovers.
When using recently added/played I see n-albums followed by >>show all and the first character of the album title.

Is this the way it is supposed to work?
Lumin and Kazoo behave slightly different.
[attachment=2435][attachment=2436][attachment=2437][attachment=2438]
There is an intentional difference in how things are displayed under Recently Added and Recently Played. You will always see n albums and n items as the first two entries. These selections contain lists of albums and items, sorted in reverse date order to enable you to see quickly which are the most recent entries.
So, this always adds two extra steps for selecting an album compared to how it used to be?
I am not seeing two extra steps. If alphaGroup is not enabled, I see the following:

[1] (start) > n albums > album name
[2] (start) > Artist > artist name > n albums > album name
[3] (start) > Recently Played > Last 3 months > n albums > album name
[4] (start) > Recently Played > Last 3 months > Artist > artist name > n albums > album name

Comparing [1] and [2] with [3] and [4], there are the same number of steps after selecting "Last 3 months".

From your screenshots, it looks like you have enabled alphaGroup. If alphaGroup is set to 'all', I see the following:

[5] (start) > n albums > letter (or Show All/View All) > album name
[6] (start) > Artist > letter (or Show All/View All) > artist name > n albums > letter (or Show All/View All) > album name
[7] (start) > Recently Played > Last 3 months > n albums > album name
[8] (start) > Recently Played > Last 3 months > Artist > letter (or Show All/View All) > artist name > n albums > letter (or Show All/View All) > album name

Comparing [5] with [7], there is one less step in [7] after selecting "Last 3 months". Comparing [6] with [8], there are the same number of steps in [8] after selecting "Last 3 months".

In all these cases, apart from the extra two steps to select Recently Added or Recently Played followed by the time period, the number of steps is the same or less.

Please describe the exact browsing sequence you are using where you are see seeing two extra steps.
Hello Simon,

AlphaGroup is not enabled.

[attachment=2440]
[attachment=2441]
I'm I correct in thinking that the listViewAlbums property is ignored once you browse into Recently Added or Recently played? Maybe the OP had this property set to something >0 as do I.

Personally I would prefer this property to still apply within the "Recent" parts of the browse tree, but Simon may have had a reason why it could/should not be...

Otherwise I love this new feature - it appeared just after I renewed my license, so I did a manual update on my Synology just to try it out!
(15-12-2021 19:10)Peter StreamMagic Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Simon,

AlphaGroup is not enabled

Your screenshot shows it is enabled and set to 'albums'.
(15-12-2021 19:33)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-12-2021 19:10)Peter StreamMagic Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Simon,

AlphaGroup is not enabled

Your screenshot shows it is enabled and set to 'albums'.

I am getting old and need some glasses I guessAngryAngryAngry
(15-12-2021 19:45)Peter StreamMagic Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-12-2021 19:33)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-12-2021 19:10)Peter StreamMagic Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Simon,

AlphaGroup is not enabled

Your screenshot shows it is enabled and set to 'albums'.

I am getting old and need some glasses I guessAngryAngryAngry
It now worked for one request.
MinimServer red now :exception while processing action request:java.util.ConcurrentModificationException.

Has nothing to do with my age, pretty sureRolleyes
Please post the complete stack trace for this ConcurrentModificationException. This might be in the MinimServer log. If not, it will be in a minimserver-crash* file in the MinimServer configuration folder (data or appData).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's