MinimServer Forum

Full Version: strange behaviour recently added/played
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[attachment=2442]
Is this the log you are looking for?
Thanks, this log is helpful. If you could find the minimserver-crash file as well, this would be very useful for me. This file should be in the MinimServer/data or MinimServer/appData folder and will have a name like this:

minimserver-crash-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.log

where yyyymmdd-hhmmss is the date and time of creating the file.
(15-12-2021 19:20)jarvis Wrote: [ -> ]I'm I correct in thinking that the listViewAlbums property is ignored once you browse into Recently Added or Recently played? Maybe the OP had this property set to something >0 as do I.

Personally I would prefer this property to still apply within the "Recent" parts of the browse tree, but Simon may have had a reason why it could/should not be...

Otherwise I love this new feature - it appeared just after I renewed my license, so I did a manual update on my Synology just to try it out!

Thanks for this suggestion and your words of appreciation. I will look into what would be needed to make listViewAlbums work after selecting Recently Added or Recently Played.
I tried using listViewAlbums with recently added/played and it is working for me. After I select recently added/played and a time period, I get a menu showing only albums, items and playlists (each sorted as most recent first) with no index tag selections. The purpose of setting listViewAlbums is to remove index tag selections after the top-level menu. What were you expecting to see?

Edit: On reflection, I think you might want to see what would be shown by clicking in the n albums entry (a list of albums sorted as most recent first). Is this correct?
I have looked into what is involved in making this change. For Recently Played, just a list of albums could be shown. For Recently Added with a time period that doesn't contain added/changed playlists, the same applies. For Recently Added with a time period that contains added/changed playlists, the list would need to contain a first entry of 'n playlists', followed by a list of albums (complete or incomplete). How does this sound?
(15-12-2021 22:24)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, this log is helpful. If you could find the minimserver-crash file as well, this would be very useful for me. This file should be in the MinimServer/data or MinimServer/appData folder and will have a name like this:

minimserver-crash-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.log

where yyyymmdd-hhmmss is the date and time of creating the file.

It took a while to find it...

[attachment=2443]
Thanks for this. It helps me understand what is the likely cause of this problem. I will send you a PM with details of a test build you can try.
MinimServer update 206 is now available with a fix for the ConcurrentModificationException problem. This is an automatic update, so it will be installed automatically when MinimServer 2.1 is installed or restarted.
(16-12-2021 18:25)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I have looked into what is involved in making this change. For Recently Played, just a list of albums could be shown. For Recently Added with a time period that doesn't contain added/changed playlists, the same applies. For Recently Added with a time period that contains added/changed playlists, the list would need to contain a first entry of 'n playlists', followed by a list of albums (complete or incomplete). How does this sound?

I have thought about this some more and I am not sure about making this change. The present implementation is simple and consistent. Mixing a playlists index with a list of albums in the same menu is unlike anything else in MinimServer (with or without listViewAlbums). I would like to defer this for now until more people have had the opportunity to try the current implementation.
(16-12-2021 13:58)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I tried using listViewAlbums with recently added/played and it is working for me. After I select recently added/played and a time period, I get a menu showing only albums, items and playlists (each sorted as most recent first) with no index tag selections. The purpose of setting listViewAlbums is to remove index tag selections after the top-level menu. What were you expecting to see?

Edit: On reflection, I think you might want to see what would be shown by clicking in the n albums entry (a list of albums sorted as most recent first). Is this correct?

E.g. if listViewAlbums=6...

I guess I was expecting that if Recently added/played contained < 6 albums, it would go straight to showing them without prompting for a time period. However, time period is a special case and doesn't relate to any tags in the files. So I can understand your reasoning here.

So, after selecting a time period, I expected that if the resulting tracks comprised <6 albums then it would go straight to them without prompting for additional tags or having to choose between n Albums or n Items.

I think what happens in the above case is that the prompts for additional tags are suppressed but it always prompts for n Albums or n Items.

I have to admit that I never considered Playlists because I don't have any on my server. It's hard pleasing everyone with software development ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's